Nextbase Rear Cam Movement.

Raidmeuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just fitted my Nextbase 522GW with rear cam and noticed that the rear cam is quite loose and twists quite easily.

Does anyone know if it can be tightened up in any way ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Which Rear Camera do you have please? The Rear Window Camera, The Rear View Camera or the Cabin Camera?

Millie- Nextbase Support

Hi I've just fitted my Nextbase 522GW with rear cam and noticed that the rear cam is quite loose and twists quite easily.

Does anyone know if it can be tightened up in any way ?

Thanks in advance.
I have the rear window camera and was disappointed in the movement possible. The magnet is not really strong enough on its own to prevent movement in some situations. If you have a lot of cable unsecured between the camera and the first securing point then cable movement might be the cause e.g. when slamming a hatchback tailgate.

I may have to resort to Blutac or glue to secure the camera position to the mount. It is a design flaw unfortunately. There is nothing wrong with the ball in socket mount my last rear cam had.

As long as the Rear Window Camera is fitted correctly, the camera should not move on the magnetic mount. Excess cabling from the car's trim to the camera can cause the camera to move, but this can be remedied by correctly fitting the camera. If your car is a hatchback that requires excess cable, then you an use a windscreen clip to secure the cabling closest to the camera, which will prevent any movement.

The instruction manual for fitting a S2 RWC can be found here:

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase Support

Hi Millie,

There is no reference of a windscreen clip in the manual.

What is one and where can it be purchased? I have this same problem.

Jay

Hi Millie,

There is no reference of a windscreen clip in the manual.

What is one and where can it be purchased? I have this same problem.

Jay
Likewise, I too never received a windscreen clip and mine is one of the older S2 models
(when you used to get a dust cover and two mounts in every kit). It would certainly be useful (if they exist).

Back