Nextbase Replay 3 - not tracking GPS

Stampy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Vantrue N5
Was going through some of my "records" on my 522GW in Nextbase Replay - and it's not tracking the GPS in the top right on the map.....

The GPS figures are moving on the Main display though...

I've attached a screen grab to show what I mean...

According to the screen, the GPS shows me stationary on the A414, when I've just actually entered Hatfield Tunnel on the A1

Any ideas??

GPS error.JPG

I guessed that, but the GPS doesn't even move - and stays at the same point as when the relevant file was created.

And in the above example, i'd only JUST entered Hatfield Tunnel - so the GPS indicator should be nearer the end of the red "block" in the display as it's near the end of the 3-minute capture?

Hi Stampy,

It's very diffucult to diagnose the issue when you don't have a constant GPS feed. Do you have any other clips with this issue that don't involve a tunnel? We'll try and get to the bottom of the issue.

Thanks,
Millie

I've uploaded a 40 second journey to We Transfer which is the final part of a 25 minute journey this morning

The file shows a u-turn along the road, but the GPS arrow hardly moves....

You can see from the video, that I turn around and come back along the same road - it shows a trace in Replay 3, but the arrow doesn't move!!

Haven't got any thing else, as I've formatted the SD card and done a reset on the 522GW to see if it was that - and I'll have another look at the files when I leave there to drive home?

Last edited:
Ahh.

This thread is about a 522GW, is that correct? In which case 'Replay3' is the wrong application. Replay 3 and CamViewer are for Nextbase Series 1 cameras, where as your Series 2 Dash Cam requires MyNextbase Player and MyNextbase Connect apps.

More information and the link to download MyNextbase Player are available here:

That should solve your GPS issue.

Millie

Very pleased to hear that, glad I could help.

Millie

Back