1bb0c9f183d5.jpg

df695f27a757.jpg

1cbaa0c66bf9.jpg

20be745a8616.jpg

27fd770c16b1.jpg

1d9dbb2926f7.jpg

f806e0a5d004.jpg

Last edited:
GC looks good, would be nice to see a few closer objects.
I plan to do a joint test Street Guardian SG9665GC and the most expensive model of Blackvue DR750LW-2CH

be good to see all at the same time as well, looks like the full moon is coming up on the last one and a truck in the way.

These are stills. Were they pulled from video as most dash camera are not good photograph cameras. I think the Panorama X2 and the Street Guardian would be the only ones acceptable.

The Street Guardian model here is what can be seen on Techmoan on Youtube, where it is packaged as the Philips 610. It has bad night video, especially when just relying on your headlamps. Tech moan drives a Maclaren car, which have excellent bright high beam headlamps and cost a good chuck of change. He shows this side by side with what is branded as Dutch Owned Philips 810 model. The 810 stomps the 610. I have the KDLinks and get similar results that is seen with the Philips 810. Stills are not good assessments for night video as lighting changes incredibly fast. I will also note that Youtube videos aren't the whole picture as Techmoan points out on every review because of youtube compression, but he does upload the full uncompressed video to his website. For me, I almost always have the dash camera on mute, for reasons in courts and lawsuits. The Philips 810 has bad audio, but I wouldn't let that bother me, but If I was wiring the dash camera in to have an active parking mode, then I would be concerned with the micro USB supplied, but plenty of replacement micro USB cords are available in he aftermarket.
My guess is that the street guardian will have the better audio like the Philips 610, and if you have police and traffic patrols that seem to single you out, its nice to have something like this wired in, where you can capture your conversation later, to corroborate your side of the story. I did look at a similar model but ruled it out because I need good quality video. This Street Guardian has a nice usb port at the top which makes installing it as a permanent feature, good. In the USA having GPS and geo track a must, if it is going to be possibly used in a court of law.

The Street Guardian model here is what can be seen on Techmoan on Youtube, where it is packaged as the Philips 610..

the Philips is not related to or even similar to any Street Guardian model, I think that Philips one you're referring to may be an entry level Papago model

Could be. It is the same size and style. So many products are just a bit different or repackaged and rebranded. Either way Its a decent product, especially if the audio is an important thing. Usually it is in the more concealable models, at least in the people I know that use dash cameras.

Could be. It is the same size and style. So many products are just a bit different or repackaged and rebranded. Either way Its a decent product, especially if the audio is an important thing. Usually it is in the more concealable models, at least in the people I know that use dash cameras.

100% Nope, totally different product. The SG9665GC has some pretty incredible audio quality though for sure. The mic picks up the faintest sounds outside even when music is playing from what I've seen in various example videos from customers.

there's no Philips model that even remotely resembles anything we do, not in looks, specification or functionality

The Street Guardian model here is what can be seen on Techmoan on Youtube, where it is packaged as the Philips 610. It has bad night video, especially when just relying on your headlamps.
this threw me from the beginning, the SG9665GC has the best night video and audio I have ever seen in a dashcam to date. obviously 2 totally different products as jokiin mentions.

....Tech moan drives a Maclaren car, which have excellent bright high beam headlamps and cost a good chuck of change.
@Techmoan Thought you'd be interested to see learn that your Mini has morphed into a McLaren! o_O

Last edited:
All DVRs have a Sony Exmor
Street Guardian SG9665GC
45c923df52bd.jpg
Thanks for the video capture comparisons. I can confirm the video capture you have of the SG9665GC is pretty typical. Living in rural Wales, with many roads unlit, it has by the far the best low light video capture of any of the Dashcam DVRs I've owned.:)

The Street Guardian model here is what can be seen on Techmoan on Youtube, where it is packaged as the Philips 610... Tech moan drives a Maclaren car...
Errr.... sorry that's no & no, respectively!!:eek:

Back