Night glare and blueish video

Fspiders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wondered if anyone can help. I have a a119s with i think the latest software and a cpl which reduces dash reflection pretty well. Never had a problem with the cam until in Spain the memory card fried. Since putting in a new card i've noticed a deterioration in quality and wonder if my cam is knackered. Is there any particular settings I can use which will reduce this hue?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Frame 2018.10.15 23-57-48 (0-25-50.064).jpg
    Frame 2018.10.15 23-57-48 (0-25-50.064).jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Frame 2018.10.15 15-19-20 (0-00-00.000).jpg
    Frame 2018.10.15 15-19-20 (0-00-00.000).jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 49
Are all the videos like this, or just a few at the start of each journey? We've had a couple of cooler nights this week than in recent times. Any haze on the screen typically takes longer to clear at the top of the screen where the cameras are usually located.

The windows pretty clean and all the videos have the same haze... Even looking at the 2" screen the glare is on that. I think i may have overheated the lens while in Spain. It started when I realised the memory card was too hot to touch so replaced it and also replaced the hardwire kit as there was a pulsing effect and freezing on the 2" screen. After replacing card and power all seemed well until I noticed in playback the quality... Think its time to upgrade... Thank for the replies.

As per the screenshots your windscreen looks filthy, clean it from the inside and recheck.

The windows pretty clean and all the videos have the same haze... Even looking at the 2" screen the glare is on that. I think i may have overheated the lens while in Spain. It started when I realised the memory card was too hot to touch so replaced it and also replaced the hardwire kit as there was a pulsing effect and freezing on the 2" screen. After replacing card and power all seemed well until I noticed in playback the quality... Think its time to upgrade... Thank for the replies.
To eliminate any issues with the windscreen, can you take a quick video with the camera hand-held outside the car?
You could replace the lens rather than the whole camera, although I doubt that the lens itself is faulty just from getting hot.

Back