Night. Panorama ( v1.12.03 ) vs Transcend DrivePro 200 ( v1.19 )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
DISCLAIMER
Dashcameras participated in this side by side test were using firmware you see below.
NB! By the time you are reading this thread and watching video used here, developers of those dashcameras may have released a new improved firmwares.
Please refer to each developer sub-forum or website in order to see newer firmware release and their performance.

NIGHT TEST

Top: Transcend DrivePro 200. FW: v1.19 ( 15Mbps bit-rate )
Bottom: Panorama 2, FW: v1.12.03 ( 15Mbps bit-rate )

Day test can be found HERE

Part 1

Part 2

Raw / original files Download HERE

Comparison screenshots are made from Part 1.

Conclusion:

Overall both dashcams have almost same night video sensitivity, however DrivePro has more natural night footage look ( no violet background ). Also DriverPro has less background noise and slightly better WDR ( you will see it from in-car park screenshots ). However claimed DrivePro diagonal FOV 160 degree is not correct. Panorama has 154 degree diagonal FOV and from side by side can see that Panorama has wider FOV.

P.S. - just to remind - comparison is valid ONLY for firmware version of each dashcam mentioned above.
Both developers time to time releasing a new upgraded firmware versions to improve video quality.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this niko. The DrivePro 200 clearly delivers excellent performance overall, plus Capacitor & Wi-Fi for £90 today, though has briefly been as little as £60...

http://charts.camelcamelcamel.com/u...ired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

I see from your original files that night time plate legibility is unexceptional with EC plates, for the reasons discussed at...

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/reading-license-plates-at-night-hid-xenon-standard-bulbs.1444/

Techmoan's video had given me hopes of exceptional performance, however, I was forgetting that UK yellow rear plates are relatively easy to capture on video...

Transcend Streetlit.jpg Transcend Unlit Road.jpg

Shame about the "STEAL ME" form factor*, which is obvious to any opportunist thief, who couldn't fail to spot it through the windscreen. A mount that allows the camera to be swivelled rearwards 90° when parked, so that only the edge of the cam is visible through the windscreen, would be a possible compromise. Preferable to dismounting & hiding the camera every time the car's parked, which is contrary to the 'fit & forget' ideal. In the comments under Techmoan's video, Transcend appear to acknowledge criticism of the form factor...

"Firstly, thx a lot for the vid. Techmoan and to everyone else for the comments. We've taken all of the comments onboard and maybe, just maybe we could be releasing a new model soon. We hear the concerns on the size, but actually due to all the tech we using we really wanted to create a top-of-the-range car camera - although not for everyone, it does target the area's we wanted too i.e: Trucks / Logistics / Taxi etc... We will continue to improve and release new models in the very near future. I guess we all need to start with somewhere."

513oANs50fL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited:
Niko,I know you are very busy,but when you appreciate can put the day video (comparison ?) of transcend ProDrive 200 ? Excuse my insistence ! Your test would be the last argument for buying this dashcam .Thank you for your effort !

Niko,I know you are very busy,but when you appreciate can put the day video (comparison ?) of transcend ProDrive 200 ? Excuse my insistence ! Your test would be the last argument for buying this dashcam .Thank you for your effort !

Yeah, time is what I always lack. Fully detailed comparison takes huge amount of time, for example only this test took about total 10-12 hours from A to Z. I use my free time on such comparisons just out of enthusiasm, so hope you understand me.
I have day time video comparison of DrivePro FW v1.19, will share it results soon ( still some summary need to be done ). For new v1.2 firmware tests I dont have time now unfortunately. Too many other projects to work with.

I thank you merely for your answer ! I would like to know from you only if day quality is comparable with Mobius , 0803 or GT 680 W !

Back