Night Quality with newer (FoxOffer) "Legacy A118" Firmware

Caerus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DCTeam, A118, A119S-V2
So I got new firmware from billknow a while ago (20141104) for my old generation A118, and I didn't really get around to looking at any videos off the mSD card until it was ridiculously foggy the other day. Real visibility was trashcan, so I wanted to see how the camera coped. I noticed massive changes in picture quality compared to older firmware. You can see a difference in colouring, as there is a strong purple hue when it is dark, but the clarity has improved and the video is much brighter than it actually was outside.

I think it is a big step in the right direction compared to when I first had the camera and old firmware in the summer.

The video is a dark foggy morning drive to the soccer complex on icy roads with little visibility.

That looks really good - I'd bet the improvements you've seen there were paid for by @jokiin though!

I'm going to have to upgrade mine and see how she runs now. There's definitely still life in the AR0330 platform yet and tuned up it's turning out to have some nice night performance.

Oh I see. Well the hard work has not gone unnoticed!

Thank You!

Everything about this camera was fantastic when I got it, except the night video quality. I'm glad that effort has been put into improving it. The A118 is turning out to be a damn good all rounder now.

Oh I see. Well the hard work has not gone unnoticed!

Thank You!

Everything about this camera was fantastic when I got it, except the night video quality. I'm glad that effort has been put into improving it. The A118 is turning out to be a damn good all rounder now.

It's still not good enough but we're working on an upgraded spec version now to address that

It is much better than it was before though, so thanks for your hard work!

When your new spec one comes out I may switch this one to a rear cam and get that one. If the firmware updates and support continue as they have for the A118 then I should have no problems having confidence in the product or support.

So, where can we get a copy of this firmware ?
20141104 for the Old version Gsensor.

Many Thanks..

If the firmware updates and support continue as they have for the A118 then I should have no problems having confidence in the product or support.

At last count we've done 5 release versions and 22 beta versions, we're heavily committed to our new hardware version, updates will be ongoing, what we're doing in this new version won't flow on to the generic version like some of our previous work has as the hardware is different, the generic version is already a lot better off than it would have otherwise been as a result of our existing product

So I got new firmware from billknow a while ago (20141104) for my old generation A118, and I didn't really get around to looking
Please link for this firmware,i have same problems. Thanks.

At last count we've done 5 release versions and 22 beta versions, we're heavily committed to our new hardware version, updates will be ongoing, what we're doing in this new version won't flow on to the generic version like some of our previous work has as the hardware is different, the generic version is already a lot better off than it would have otherwise been as a result of our existing product

That's excellent!

Has the form factor remained the same/similar for the new camera? The biggest draw I had to the A118 was the form factor and how it tucks away nice and discretely behind the mirror. Also, is the chipset still NT96650/AR0330 or is it a new chipset as well?

So, where can we get a copy of this firmware ?
20141104 for the Old version Gsensor.

Many Thanks..

Please link for this firmware,i have same problems. Thanks.

My camera is an older version than what is currently out right now. I also can't guarantee that you have the same camera as I do. Even if you have the older gsensor, doesn't necessarily mean you have the same hardware. So I have no idea if this will work correctly on your cameras. Your safest bet is to contact the seller you purchased from and ask them for their most recent firmware.

Last edited:
Back