Nippy little mover, not serious but it's commonplace...

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Nippy little move by lassie in the car - bus drivers must see this thing day in and day out. She decided to go on the inside at the lights and nipped back in front of the bus (no indicator, naughty girl)...

The indicator is literally the difference in a situation turning into road rage!!

if she'd done that to me, I'd have been really pissed off, BUT if she'd indicated, i'd have "expected it" and adjusted my own driving to accommodate her foolish manoeuver and thought nothing more about it

Bus driver didn't help, as chevrons on other side of the lights forcing traffic over to the left the bus driver should have straggled both lanes at the lights to protect his own road space.

Bus driver did absolutely nothing wrong and didn't need to do anything to protect their road space. the lane is adequately marked, he was in his desired lane the entire time and clearly that was his intention not to change lane... unlike the Fiat, having no respect for anyone

?????????? Dont get it ?
The bus was passed where there were two lanes clearly marked .. Bus was stationary !
Obviously some UK rule I am not aware off ...

For a moment I thought this was a different angle to this video:
?????????? Dont get it ?
The bus was passed where there were two lanes clearly marked .. Bus was stationary !
Obviously some UK rule I am not aware off ...
The problem was not that she overtook, but that she cut in front of the bus with what looks like one foot of space separating them. Without indicating.

I am not familiar with that road being 10,000+ kilometers away , does the left lane merge ? In which case yes the indicators should have been used ...
Problem here is we have two different rule sets for the same circumstance depending on how the road is marked ( lines or no lines ) .... ( Its a little crazy )

If the road narrows ( lanes merge ) and there is a line marking such then the vehicle merging has to indicate and give way ...
How ever , if there are no lines marking the merging / narrowing area then the car in front has right of way .. ( most people don't know that the rules change because of the presence or absence of the lines )

Of the two lanes ahead the left lane goes ahead then is ahead and left turn.

The lanes do not merge.

The right lane is ahead for the right hand turn.

So while both lanes have ahead the left ahead is only ahead and exit left and the right hand ahead is ahead for the right hand exits.

So the car went from the left hand turn ahead lane, into the right hand turn ahead lane without indicating and also did it extremely close to a passenger bus service.

So each lane goes ahead but the lanes are left ahead and right ahead.

Does that help?

Last edited:
Of the two lanes ahead the left lane goes ahead then is ahead and left turn.

The lanes do not merge.

The right lane is ahead for the right hand turn.

So while both lanes have ahead the left ahead is only ahead and exit left and the right hand ahead is ahead for the right hand exits.

So the car went from the left hand turn ahead lane, into the right hand turn ahead lane without indicating and also did it extremely close to a passenger bus service.

So each lane goes ahead but the lanes are left ahead and right ahead.

Does that help?

To understand the wrong = Yes

Back