nmea files? Marcus 3

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Upgraded to the latest firmware version and I see that the Marcus 3 is now recording a nmea file along side the regular mov file?

Any idea what this might be and do I need to keep it for any reason if I save the mov files?

NMEA is the GPS data log file, the player will automatically load these and show the map details along with the video, if you wish to archive files and need to GPS detail then you would need to keep the corresponding files, the naming convention matches the video files so easy to see which is which, if you were not using a GPS the files would just be null data

It might be the GPS info, but i am guessing a lot here.

Edit: argh beaten by the pros :D

Thanks. Not using a GPS, so not sure why the Marcus 3 is now saving these files following the firmware upgrade.

The strange thing is that the files are not blank.

They contain lines such as

$GSENSOR,-50,-384,998
$GSENSOR,-170,-470,982
$GSENSOR,-58,-500,1024
$GSENSOR,-148,-478,978
$GSENSOR,-94,-408,956

that's the G-Sensor data, still relevant, the playback software will interpret that for you into something you can follow

that's the G-Sensor data, still relevant, the playback software will interpret that for you into something you can follow

What player will read back this data? I tried Registrator player but it doesn't seem to load any GSensor data. Is it only the Vico-player?

Back