No files retention on 64GB card

JackTheKnife

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DVR 027, G1W
For some reason my camera is not able to delete old files and keep record new when 64GB card will be full. Instead of that camera will start to beep and telling about card slow speed.

Any thoughts?

A memory card can go into read only mode if it encounter a problem, but in that case you cant manually delete files on the card either, and it sound like you have been able to do that at least.

For some reason my camera is not able to delete old files and keep record new when 64GB card will be full. Instead of that camera will start to beep and telling about card slow speed.

Any thoughts?
The dashcam should reset to default time 2015 year. Suggest you format the card in the APP and sync time weekly!
May I know when you purchased the dashcam?

A memory card can go into read only mode if it encounter a problem, but in that case you cant manually delete files on the card either, and it sound like you have been able to do that at least.

That what I'm doing but it looks like software doesn't pick up card full capacity vs available space to start file retention.

The dashcam should reset to default time 2015 year. Suggest you format the card in the APP and sync time weekly!
May I know when you purchased the dashcam?

It does sometimes but most often issue is when card is full (date is correct). I have purchased it about 2 years ago.

What’s the life span for your card? Give it a try with a new card, Samsung evo plus card is okay!

2 years out of a memory card is what i expect, but i and most i recon get more than that.
BUT ! i have also had memory cards die on me within hours / days, and the cards can go "funky" and appear to work fine if you test it using software, but still work less than optimal in a camera.
I personally had one card ( of a make / model i had others of ) but this one card just would not work fine in one of my cameras, but in other cameras it worked fine, and the one camera it would not work in, well other similar memory cards worked just fine.
,,,,,,, Go figure :unsure:
I would spring for a new memory card too if you don't have others to try with, if the camera are broken and you get a new one you still need a memory card for it.

Lifetime off course depend on your driving, i don't drive much, maybe 2 - 4 hours a week on average, im sure many do much more than that and so have i done when i was among the working people.

Back