No GPS lock on my unit (Mini 0903 with GPS mount)

Jose Alfonsi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Mine has failed to operate over the 50min ride to work so I decided to check what was going on:
Checked GPS setting (log and stamp modes)
Checked F?W which is 903_96655_20160621_v1.8
Checked connection terminals, nothing bent or odd there.
Reset system to factory and start from scratch
Checked and re checked time, date, correct timezone.
sacrificed a small chicken.
Needless to say nothing helped but for ONCE when I did get a lock after perhaps an hour. That was never to be repeated. Needless to say I'm disappointed.
I presume I have either a dud or its ****ty, I'm leaning away from the latter because the feel of it and the image quality seems to be rather good and is by far better than my 1080p MYIONU can 32 which was more like MIOPIA and even while that could take some time to get a GPS signal, it eventually would and then it was a solid lock

Mine has failed to operate over the 50min ride to work so I decided to check what was going on:
Checked GPS setting (log and stamp modes)
Checked F?W which is 903_96655_20160621_v1.8
Checked connection terminals, nothing bent or odd there.
Reset system to factory and start from scratch
Checked and re checked time, date, correct timezone.
sacrificed a small chicken.
Needless to say nothing helped but for ONCE when I did get a lock after perhaps an hour. That was never to be repeated. Needless to say I'm disappointed.
I presume I have either a dud or its ****ty, I'm leaning away from the latter because the feel of it and the image quality seems to be rather good and is by far better than my 1080p MYIONU can 32 which was more like MIOPIA and even while that could take some time to get a GPS signal, it eventually would and then it was a solid lock
This is expected for this model. Read more about 0903 GPS problems in this forum.

This is expected for this model. Read more about 0903 GPS problems in this forum.
Please, is there any solution?
Could you help with any link to read?

I'm not sure if they are made by the same people who make/made the mini 0805 and the mini 0806 but both my mini 0805 and my mini 0806 from day one would go in and out of getting GPS data, and this isn't just for a few minutes here or there but even on my long drive to Italy, there would be long stretches with no GPS data

I wish they would come out with a DVR that offered less gimmicks but got the essentials to work right and not offer a hundred and one gimmicks and only half of them worked reliably

sorry not of much help to you

sorry not of much help to you
Mollydog, thank You a lot. On the contrary, You helped a lot!
You saved me from another mistake to buy one of that models thinking than GPS problem is the problem of 0903 only!

Back