No GPS on GS6000

hesh

Reaction score
Hey guys, new lurking member, and my first post/thread on here and hoping you all can help!

I recently got a GS6000 from DX.com and mounted and installed the unit in my truck.

The unit captures beautiful video for what I need, but Im disappointed to have found that the GPS logger and subsequently, the Speed logger/stamp dont work and just show a bunch of zeros for my Longitude, Latitude, and Speed. How can I fix this? I opened the unit up and all the wires going to the board on the GPS chip seem to be intact (3 wires, iirc) and my mini USB power supply cord in the truck is also plugged into the backend of the GPS segment. The lil sattelite icon on the screen shows activity, but the icon stays Orange. I have GPS SETUP in the menus set to ON and GPS AUTO UPDATE TIME set to ON and STAMP set to SPEED. Am I missing anything, or needing to do anything?

Also, the truck I have it in has a perfectly Vertical 90 degree windshield which sucks because the lens of the camera is just a few hairs longer than the suction cup, so I cant mount it to the windshield flat. Short of finding a different surface that is horizontal instead, has anyone else had a fix to this issue?

Can I buy or get other mounts for this (with or without the GPS chip?)

My firmware, for what it is worth, is SM3H2FDGC.131028.V1

This was the cam I bought - http://www.dx.com/p/ambarella-a7-2-...04-x-1296-mini-hdmi-black-304794#.VRXZMuFSKzY

Will be from Samoon, popular in Russia, you might be able to find another firmware for it, half a chance its a hardware issue though but worth a look

Off the top of my head also known as the Texet DVR-571G and the Advocam FD7 - there are some more firmwares here:

This was the second or third dashcam I tried!

If you look through this thread there are multiple alternative firmwares to try:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/samoon-3h2f-gs6000-a7-ambarella.3178/

To be honest if the GPS isn't working though that sounds more like an issue with the camera - you do you have the USB cable plugged into the GPS mount and not the camera directly? From what you're saying it sounds like you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mount wise one of these may work better for you but it doesn't have GPS:

To be honest I'd try sitting the camera outside of the truck for 30 mins just to see if it gets a GPS lock - you'd need a USB battery pack or a long cable to try that though but at least you would know if it was something in the truck causing the problem.

Back