No GPS on Jaguar I-Pace.

Iansipace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just changed my fossil fuel car for an EV!
Trouble is the 312GW that was working perfectly on the Evoque now won’t pick up a GPS signal!
Both had/have heated windscreens so there shouldn’t be a problem there.
I have put the 312GW as close to the top of the screen as possible but no signal.
Do I now have a useless sat nav? If so can I swap it for a model that will work, an if so what model is that?

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a GPS issue with your 312GW.
If you take the Dash Cam and GPS mount inside, attach it to a window so that it's in clear view of the sky, then use the USB cable to power the camera, you should be able to replicate being inside the car. Can you then receive GPS signal?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Millie
If the 312GW is outside the car, say on the outside of the side window, the GPS function is there, i.e. the GPS stops flashing on the screen and is stable.
Move it to the windscreen and it looses GPS and starts flashing.
I have an older 402G and that is exactly the same.
The GPS receiver is obviously being shielded by the windscreen, do you do an extension for the GPS module on the 312GW which I could put on the panoramic roof or somewhere the GPS signal can be received?

HERE'S one like the one that I use. Cheaper from China with a longer wait for delivery. Works well in my car. But you do need to put the receiver as far away from the transmitter as possible (back windscreen)

What car do you have please?

I'd recommend using the suction cup mount to move the Dash Cam to different locations on the windscreen. It may be that there's shielding built into certain areas, but not others (for instance the top 1/6). If you do find an area that lets the GPS through, then I'd recommend searching for a similar area somewhere else on the windscreen that is non-distracting/suitable.

Jaguar I pace ( in title )

I think if you have some sort of shield in your windscreen and you want GPS, then you are better off with a camera that have its GPS antenna on a wire, so you can place camera where it is optimal and GPS antenna where it can get a connection.

I have just changed my fossil fuel car for an EV!
Trouble is the 312GW that was working perfectly on the Evoque now won’t pick up a GPS signal!
Both had/have heated windscreens so there shouldn’t be a problem there.
I have put the 312GW as close to the top of the screen as possible but no signal.
Do I now have a useless sat nav? If so can I swap it for a model that will work, an if so what model is that?

I can have GPS issues as well and it's a separate GPS module with my camera. Even my phone struggles sometimes if it's down low, if it's on my vent higher up then it's fine. I think it must be the heated screens, or perhaps the acoustic element?

Back