No lights on while recording

estnhal

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I ran into a problem yesterday while driving home where I noticed that the camera did not have any of its lights on. When I disconnected the camera and reconnected it the red rear light started flashing as normal but then nothing happened. Before this, both the yellow and rear red lights flashed once every few seconds to let me know it was recording, but that is not happening now.

I looked at the SD card and it looks like video was actually being recorded that whole time, but the lights were not on to tell me. To do this though, I had to plug in the sd card directly because plugging in the mobius didn't work. For some reason it is no longer being recognized as a removable drive even though it has in the past.

I noticed as well that my sd card looks to be full now, but it no longer records regardless that the loop setting is on. I saw somewhere that there is a problem with mp4s and the loop setting so I changed the setting to do mov files instead, and after the camera loaded the file and I plugged the camera into the computer, now the red and yellow lights won't go off. I have tried holding the power button down, disconnecting from the computer doesn't do anything, and taking the sd card out also doesn't do anything. So now I am stuck with a camera that won't turn off, but isn't even doing anything. I will probably end up taking the battery out, but I have no idea what happened.

Basically I have no idea what is going on anymore. Nothing seems to be working as it should. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back