No LIVE FOOTAGE

Woerden123

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi all,

I have a DDPAI mini 5 dash camera. Unfortunately I am unable to follow the camera images live. I only got a black screen in the app. I have uninstalled the app and reset the camera but no effect yet. Can you help?

Kind regards

Hi @Woerden123 welcome to dashcamtalk forum. Did you try to download the videos to phone/PC to see if they play OK?

Hi. I have exact same issue with my brand new mini 5 This is China version 128 gb. Everything else works fine but when preview is active only black screen is displayed no real time video feed . All app settings are working fine, when i take a photo or scroll the recorded videos, it is displayed fine so camera is working and recording. Only real time preview is not working. Does anyone know what is the issue? Changing resolution or rebooting camera and phone didn't help.

Hi. I have exact same issue with my brand new mini 5 This is China version 128 gb. Everything else works fine but when preview is active only black screen is displayed no real time video feed . All app settings are working fine, when i take a photo or scroll the recorded videos, it is displayed fine so camera is working and recording. Only real time preview is not working. Does anyone know what is the issue? Changing resolution or rebooting camera and phone didn't help.
Turn off your phones cell data and try.

Okei. So basically there is no way to get preview working with android phone. Is there a way to connect camera to pc via software to see image in real time?
Is there any firmware update available in English. My camera is China model 128gb so it speaks Chinese.

Okei. So basically there is no way to get preview working with android phone. Is there a way to connect camera to pc via software to see image in real time?
There are 3 (4) video datastreams available internally. The 4K stream is stored to the eMMC, the UVC stream is broken because of the buggy software, and the preview is the lowest resolution stream.
Is there any firmware update available in English. My camera is China model 128gb so it speaks Chinese.
Your setup is very unusual, so you should start with dumping your own firmware image partitions (root,appfs,liteos,params) to the exported eMMC partition.

Hi. Yes i noticed this UVC and preview issues also. At the moment there is no global 128GB version of mini 5 available on the European market. My camera is 128gb model for China market firmware version 7.2.0.24 so its speaking Chinese on boot. I was searching for English firmware to change this language issue.. This is the reason behind firmware update. I have contacted DDPAi support yesterday and they informed me that they can make a English firmware for my mini 5. Lets wait and see how long this will take.

I think you can use the standard 7.0.0.21 64GB firmware update and then edit the partition table (fat32resize).
The most important thing is not to destroy the compressed u-boot at the beginning of eMMC.
The device should be recoverable even without soldering the console UART pins by putting an update on the USB stick and using USB host mode,
but i have not tried it myself, because my pins were already soldered :geek:

Hi Thanks everyone for advice. I have found a easy way to get preview working on android. I got the Chinese version of the ddpai app and changed language to english. I can confirm that with latest ddpai app version preview is working fine. Global version of ddpai that is available at google play store is outdated and it will be updated in future.

My mini5 was working perfectly when I bought it 6 months ago, however with the latest iOS version (15.3.1) the preview does not work (nor live preview neither previous recordings). App version is 6.0.7. I can export it fine, however.

I can't find the Chinese version of DDPai App in Apple Store, any indication on how to fix it?

Back