No Map Information

pxr5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
His all. I've got some recordings saved out from my F770 Dashcam. I've noticed playing the more recent files there is no map displayed in the dashcam viewer. Older files show the map correctly.

I've viewed the file information in Mediainfo and the ones that work have Video/Audio/Text data embedded in the MP4. The newer files only have Video/Audio.

I always get the GPS connected message when the camera switches on. Have I inadvertently stopped GPS data being recorded? Is there some way of turning it on/off - I don't seem to be able to find any setting like that, or recall making any changes recently. Speed and voltage information is recorded

Thanks in a advance.

I've sorted it out. Thought this might be of use to others in the future. It's an odd one though

The old videos I copied straight from my phone after I'd downloaded them in the Dashcam Viewer application. The newer files had be synched from the Dashcam Viewer download folder to Google Photos. For some strange reason Google Photos had stripped out (or converted somehow) the timed text information from the MP4 video file (effectively a GPS subtitle). I've no idea why this is happening with Google Photos, but I'd recommended taking the files directly from the phone and not from Google.

Back