No more Mini?? Discontinued?

dirkzelf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Can't find any new Mini's on the interweb..... Discontinued?? Or did I miss something...

Can't find any new Mini's on the interweb..... Discontinued?? Or did I miss something...

Try contacting eletoponline365 directly. They may be able to provide one or at least confirm if they have really been discontinued.

Try contacting eletoponline365 directly. They may be able to provide one or at least confirm if they have really been discontinued.

I have no intention to buy me an extra Mini, just notoced that it's no longer in their listing.

I got me a set of SENA 10C Evo, the misses wants to yap to me, even when riding... well, ok, but then I'm weighing in here too, it's gonna cost you.... haha

Clip here: me on the Beamer, my brother-cousin on the Chopper

New improved Mini is being sold, mini Version 2
https://www.ebay.com/itm/165618247344
1440p vs 1080p
60 min recording time vs. 30
H265, Less heat, no more external copper heat sink (but tripod mount gone too)

Attachments

• Mobius Mini2.png
    Mobius Mini2.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 6
Better efficiency and less heat sound good, but I wonder if they turned down the bitrate to achieve that and thus affected image quality? It's probably a good thing for a battery-based camera to give longer recording time, but less useful in a car with an external power supply.

Not sure if those are real final data, but...
''set Video Bitrate from 1Mbps to 32Mbs (Movie quality from low to high;
0 means default values: 1080P 30fps AVC 12Mbps, 1080P 30fps HEVC 8MBps,
1080P 60fps/1440p 30fps AVC 20Mbps, 1080P 60fps/1440p 30fps HEVC 12MBps
720P 120fps AVC 20Mbps, 720P 120fps HEVC 12MBps)''

The Mini2 is now supported by mSetup, so we can see the list of supported features:

1661348156449.png

1661348179103.png

1661348196682.png

Relevant to dashcam:
Loop record - Yes
Power on auto record - Yes
G-sensor - No
Max resolution - 1440p30
Video codec - H264 / H265 (both up to 32Mbps)
Adjustable image parameters - Sharpness, Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, WB (inc custom WB), Metering modes
Lens A appears to have a fairly narrow angle of view. No idea what the alternative Lens B is, or the aperture of either lens.

If it doesn't overheat during continuous loop recording it could be a small alternative to a regular Mobius. Of course, the most important thing is whether they've made it reliable??!

Relevant to dashcam:
Loop record - Yes
Power on auto record - Yes
G-sensor - No
Max resolution - 1440p30
Video codec - H264 / H265 (both up to 32Mbps)
Adjustable image parameters - Sharpness, Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, WB (inc custom WB), Metering modes
Lens A appears to have a fairly narrow angle of view. No idea what the alternative Lens B is, or the aperture of either lens.

If it doesn't overheat during continuous loop recording it could be a small alternative to a regular Mobius. Of course, the most important thing is whether they've made it reliable??!

Relevant to dashcam:

No super-capacitor. :(

I saw headline and thought, so thats why i have not seen rayman chan for a long time

I know. I re-read the "Mobius Mini and Supercap" thread again today. I suppose the new Mini would need the inevitable FW update that never happens to support a supercap too.

You are quite right, Mobius is unlikely to take the simple step of updating the firmware to accommodate a super-capacitor even though one could probably be fitted. With the newer dash cam friendly features the new Mini could make for an ultra stealthy dash cam, assuming it wouldn't overheat during continuous looping. The fact that the new version of the camera will run for 60 minutes instead of 30 suggests that it can take the heat.

One might think that this could become a popular dash cam option for many and therefore generate a lot of sales. I could envision eventually adding WiFi to the camera. But alas, as we know, none of this is likely to ever happen.

Back