No Normal Recordings Or Parking Recordings During Some Periods

Focker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue 900S
I installed a 900S Dual Channel last week and it seemed to be performing properly however just after leaving work last night a car ran a red light and almost hit me so wanted to share the video of the incident. I arrived home and sadly there is no video of the incident. I would think it would have been either a normal recording or event but there is a gap of about 4 to 6 minutes where nothing was recorded. It would appear for a period of time it was only recording events and then later in my drive I see normal recordings are back in the recording queue.
Also while looking for this video I noted that although I have my camera set to do time lapse recording in parking mode I see nothing from the from the time I parked at work after lunch until entered the car to leave from work.
Any thoughts on the cause or is the camera defective or ???

I am attaching a screenshot of what was recorded. You can see I arrived back at work at 14:44 (2:44pm). The next recording isn't until I leave work at 19:33 (7:33pm) and then nothing until 19:42 (7:42pm).IMG_9805.PNG

I installed a 900S Dual Channel last week and it seemed to be performing properly however just after leaving work last night a car ran a red light and almost hit me so wanted to share the video of the incident. I arrived home and sadly there is no video of the incident. I would think it would have been either a normal recording or event but there is a gap of about 4 to 6 minutes where nothing was recorded. It would appear for a period of time it was only recording events and then later in my drive I see normal recordings are back in the recording queue.
Also while looking for this video I noted that although I have my camera set to do time lapse recording in parking mode I see nothing from the from the time I parked at work after lunch until entered the car to leave from work.
Any thoughts on the cause or is the camera defective or ???

I am attaching a screenshot of what was recorded. You can see I arrived back at work at 14:44 (2:44pm). The next recording isn't until I leave work at 19:33 (7:33pm) and then nothing until 19:42 (7:42pm).View attachment 43218
What SD card are you currently using? I would also do a firmware upgrade to see if that resolves the issue.

I am using a Blackvue card (128GB). I have the latest firmware. Last night I shut off the setting to "Lock Event Files" and "Overwrite Locked Files with New Event Files when Storage is Full" and reformatted the SD card.
Everything has been recording normally since last night but it also worked fine during the first 5 days of use so we will see.

I am using a Blackvue card (128GB). I have the latest firmware. Last night I shut off the setting to "Lock Event Files" and "Overwrite Locked Files with New Event Files when Storage is Full" and reformatted the SD card.
Everything has been recording normally since last night but it also worked fine during the first 5 days of use so we will see.
Interesting, please let us know!

It's probably the 128gb BV sd card. That thing is junk. I switched to the Samsung Evo and haven't looked back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There were apparently some bad cards sent out from BV a short time back as I've heard of several they replaced from newer stock. This may be a case of one of those bad cards showing up again.

Phil

Circling back with an update, so far since turning off the Event file settings I listed above and reformatting the card I have had no further issues to report. Looks like I will be good for now but I am in agreement that I should switch the SD card to the Samsung in the near future just to prevent any missed recordings that could save my or my wife's financial butt.
I have a great share of what happened to me just two months ago when a woman sideswiped me and then told her insurance that I hit her. I sent her insurance (Geico) a link to my YouTube video and they quickly responded with accepting full responsibility. Her bit of lying BS would have cost me $1000 for my deductible if I didn't have a dash cam.

Back