No Notification For Tagged User

TCK81

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DCTEAM
I don't believe users are getting notifications if they are tagged in a post. I have "Mentions you in a message" checked so there's no reason I shoudn't be receiving notifications. I noticed I was tagged twice and didn't receive a notification either time.

Last edited:
Alwys worked fine when i am tagged ( firefox )

wondering if i can tag myself @kamkar1

EDIT: no dont seem to work.

I think I've always been notified when I've been tagged, but there have been lots of times when I do not get notified about a new post on a thread I've tagged to watch. I always use Firefox.

I think I read somewhere that the tags don't always work in Firefox, may have been a forum software bug, could even have been fixed since anyway

I've never seen a notification about being tagged, maybe I'm not looking in the right place ... where do the tag notifications show up?

@Nigel

Edit: no, nothing showed up that I can see...

No if you want to tag / like and whatever yourself, you have to go to facetwitt. :giggle:

They just pop up among the Alerts.

@Nigel you can't tag yourself
Could you tag me again please...

I suspect it may be because I had "Receive an alert when someone… Likes your message" turned off.
"Receive an alert when someone… Mentions you in a message" was turned on, but maybe they don't match with what they do?

I have:

Receive an alert when someone…
  • Replies to a watched thread
  • Quotes your message
  • Mentions you in a message
  • Likes your message

• Posts on your profile
  • Mentions you in a profile post or comment
  • Likes your profile post

• Comments on your profile or status
  • Comments on your profile posts for other members
  • Also comments on a profile post
  • Likes your profile post comment
Pretty much everyting is on here aside for "Replies to a watched thread "

With everything turned on I get the mentions and likes, with likes turned off I was definitely still getting likes but I don't remember ever getting a mention. They may be swapped around in the preferences panel but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not going to do a full test.

Thanks for all the likes and mentions everybody :D

With everything turned on I get the mentions and likes, with likes turned off I was definitely still getting likes but I don't remember ever getting a mention. They may be swapped around in the preferences panel but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not going to do a full test.

Thanks for all the likes and mentions everybody :D

you should get a notification of the quote also

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Forum Rules and Site Suggestions 3
javr Forum Rules and Site Suggestions 1
Back