No recordings in over a month on T2

gadgetfreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. I'm new to dashcams. I was under the impression that I should be able to automatically have the camera erase older, non-event related videos to clear the way for new videos as I go. Loop recording is set to 3 minutes. My camera is connected via the OBD port and it powers on properly every time I start up the car, as well as I see the parking sensor light go on when I pass in front. So the connections seem to be right, and the videos I have seem to be good.

The problem is today is March 16, and when I went to look at the videos to pull something up, the last video I could find was ass of Feb 4. So I haven't been recording in 6 weeks. What am I doing wrong? Are there other settings to tell it how to record over old stuff other than the Loop setting? The manual and actual software are, unfortunately, pretty bad... Thanks for any help.

Maybe the memory card has filled up with protected files from g-sensor or motion events?

That’s an interesting thought. But the “NORMAL” folder on the card still has nearly 100GB of content. Wouldn’t that get whittled down to nothing, if I was full of g-sensor or motion events?

Yes, should do.

Do you know if it has looped in the past?

What size card is it?

It may not, in fact, have ever successfully looped. I just confirmed i’m on the current firmware. I also am looking at the directions and it says that even the event folder will get overwritten once the event folder is taking up more than 30% of the card.

I’m using a 256GB card, which per Vantrue should be fine. And again, the videos that are on there function as anticipated.

Thanks, by the way, for helping me to troubleshoot!

I don't have any idea what is wrong, mine does loop as expected, but I have never used a 256GB card in it or heard of anyone using one that size, so it might be the card size causing it to act differently.

All I can suggest is that you reformat the card using the camera menu (not your PC) and try again, checking what happens when it reaches full...

I would suggest waiting for more advice, but not many people here have one so that may not come.

Yup, I’m going to start with a reformat on the camera and go from there. Thanks!

And by the way, I was wrong! I am actually using a 128 Samsung Pro

And by the way, I was wrong! I am actually using a 128 Samsung Pro
I would expect it to work correctly with 128GB, think I've only used 64GB in mine though, being a fairly low bitrate camera it takes a while to fill even 64.

Can't speak about the T2, but when my N2 Pro was working, loop recording definitely worked with a 128mb card. I would think the T2 should work the same.

BTW, even if you have the latest firmware, you might want to see if you can reflash the lastest fw. I've seen cases on electronics where a reflash fixes the issue.

Did anybody find out why vantrure 2 starts regecting memory card after only 5 months of use.
It was working. Then all of a sudden it instructed to insert a card.
Thank you.
Liz:unsure:

Welcome to DCT @Liz :)
Anytime you have a cam problem possibly related to the card, you should test the card. First reset the card to it's factory default state with the "SDformatter" freeware tool, then run a full write test on it with the "h2testw" freeware tool (may take some time especially with larger cards). If all that comes out well, then set the card to "FAT32" format in your PC (note that later Windows versions will not do this but many various freewares will). After that, replace the card in the cam and format it in there via the menu selection. This should resolve any card problem. Cards do wear out over time and the smaller the card, the sooner it will wear out, but 5 months on a new card is a rather short time for that to have occurred with usual dashcam usage.

If the problem persists, reflash the firmware (you usually need a 32GB or smaller card to do this) being sure that it is the correct firmware for the cam as incorrect firmware can 'brick' the cam. If that doesn't fix it then try powering the cam with a home-type phone charger (NOT your PC, laptop, or USB ports in the car) and see if that helps. If the problem still persists then the cam has a hardware fault and will need to be replaced.

Phil

Ok. I will defenitely try that.
Thank you. What a great site this is.
Appreciated Phil

Liz

Let us know how it goes, and good luck with the fix :)

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B T2 2