Keith11

Reaction score
Country
United States
My situation. I am doing my annual SD card clean out: reviewing the idiocy I've witnessed in the past year and shortening up video clips to save HDD space. Prior to March of 2022 I was running a SGGCX2PRO solo. Adding a SGR291CAM fried that camera so at the end of March 2022 I ended up getting a new SGGCX2PRO which I learned needed to be upgraded to SGGCX2PRO+ so it would be compatible with the rear camera. I completed that upgrade with assistance from the good folks at SG and got the new system up and running with a new SG hardware kit to enable parking mode. Previously I have used various software to trim videos but, since I now have front and rear footage I decided to give the SG Dashcam Viewer a try.

Before I began, I read some forums that said I needed to replace the LGPL FFmpeg file with a GPL version. I followed the instructions in the SG Dashcam Viewer Users manual to complete that process. I did have to use an archived version of the file hosting site since the link no longer works but I got the file I needed and, after the replacement, the viewer seemed to be working fine. When I opened SG Dashcam Viewer version 3.2.8 I could view and play all the SGGCX2PRO and SGGCX2PRO+ footage from before and after March 2022. I was able to export the shorter clips I wanted to keep from the pre-March SGGCX2PRO footage with no problems. Unfortunately, when I got into the post-March footage I realized the SGR291CAM rear camera footage wasn't showing up either as separate files or as a PIP and when I export the SGGCX2PRO+ clips I want to keep there is no audio even though I can hear the audio in Dashcam Viewer.

Hoping there might be some smart folks in the forums who can identify any errors I may have made or who might know of additional updates or tweaks I might need to implement in order to get the SG Dashcam Viewer software to support footage from my SGGCX2PRO+ and SGR291CAM. Failing that, would there be any alternative programs that I should consider.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Back