No SSID Broadcast rom Blackvue DR500

Sherman Stewart

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Help Urgently Need

We bought the DR500 and we were able to see the SSID the first time we powered on the device. We then powered it down as it came to late for us to start testing, the next day we powered on the device and now no SSID. Can someone please help us with this as we call the supplier but they have no clue.

I don't know if it is the same on the DR500, but on the Vico WF1 a few things can happen.
1 is that it can take about 25 seconds sometimes for the wifi signal to become available.
2 is if the card is not formatted into FAT32 the SSID will not display.
3 maybe the SSID became hidden. Try using a device that can see hidden SSIDs (a Playstation portable can do this)
4 Try doing a factory reset if you can and see if that fixes it.

Press the button on the end below the power socket to enable Wifi It may have been bumped and turned off.

If you haven't got a manual download one from the Pittasoft site

I tried all of the above with no luck I even tried re installing the firmware still nothing. Thanks for all the replies. Any other ideas?

Do you mean it isn't broadcasting or its just not showing a name in the SSID box. mine never shows the name and it works and I just use the default password and it works It shows up in my devices ok.

I am unable to see the device on a computer and phone, it worked once and then disappeared on the second power up.

it worked once and then disappeared on the second power up.
I had this happen to a Roku box before something happened on a second bootup.
Take it back to seller
I would suggest this as well.
Maybe if you still need to use it until you can get it sent back you could try putting the SSID and password in yourself instead of scanning for it if it isn't completely broken. If it is good luck hopefully it gets taken care of quickly

I am unable to see the device on a computer and phone, it worked once and then disappeared on the second power up.

Try going into the settings in the viewer and setting up the SSID in there and make sure its turned on when the camera starts and see what happens

If its not on press the button in the end of the camera to turn it on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
simonk DR500GW-HD 1
Back