No Video Playback with Dashcam Viewer (SG9663DCPRO)

parion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,
I recently just did a hardwire install of my SG9663DCPRO dashcam. I decided to take it on a 3 minute romp around the neighborhood to test it out. I made sure to format the card, double checked the "REC" light was on, and drove off. Afterwards, I took out the 256GB MicroSD card and used the adapter to plug it into my computer.

When using File Explorer I see two MP4 files. However, when I try to drag the files onto or open the files with Dashcam Viewer, nothing happens and Dashcam Viewer starts using up a huge chunk of my CPU processes.
How can I resolve this issue?

Mac or Windows? Did you reboot?
Try clicking the open the folder icon and browse to the video folder instead of drag and drop.

Are you on the latest version?

I have confirmed my version is the same and I have tried rebooting with no success. Trying to open in VLC doesn't work either.

Tried it again today and the issue has been resolved.

Good to know (y) :cool:

Unsure. I went on another drive and received some more files, but importing the folder to Dashcam Viewer still didn't work. When removing those aforementioned files, however, the import was successful. Perhaps some corrupt files that were generated during my install.

In the future if you want to save something from the camera, be sure to copy the files off the memory card, if you move them instead them not being there anymore can cause issues for the camera.

In the future if you want to save something from the camera, be sure to copy the files off the memory card, if you move them instead them not being there anymore can cause issues for the camera.
User manual says to power off the camera before removing the SD card and reinsert card before powering back on.

I'm having a similar problem; can't load any videos to DashCam View. I've tried all the icons, click drag, open file, open folder, nothing seems to happen. Also, the GPS map window is blank and says "do data here". Using Win 7 Pro. I can view the .mp4 files in Win Media Play but only one file at a time and no associated data. Do I need something from Google to make this work? I've deleted all Google stuff my PC due to privacy concerns.

Windows 7 is not officially supported, some users do use Win7 but it won't work for every Win7 install

The developer of DashCam Viewer programs for Mac OS as primary and has a cross platform development system that ports it to work optimized for Windows 10.

Windows 7 will be 10 years old as of July 22nd.

Then I guess I'm stuck. Had a Win 10 PC and it was so sorry I threw it out and had a Win 7 machine custom built.
Did you install the K-Lite codec pack linked to on the Earthshine web site? I'm running DCV on 3 different Win7 machines (2 Pro, 1 Home) with no issues.

Yes, but still failed. Uninstalled everything and started over with brand new DashCam Viewer install. Still didn't work so searched web and found "http://www.windows7codecs.com/", downloaded it, followed instructions to reboot, and it works! Anyone uninstalling DashCam View should be computer literate. Even after using the uninstall program, had to use Task Manager to end several processes then manually remove the files. Improved the video quality considerably by removing the lens protector film. Duh, me.

Back