karim174

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000
To get live view from anywhere in the world, you will need to have the dashcam hard or obd wired and connected via a in-car mobile hotspot.

If you have the U1000 model with the radar module active and on energy saving mode, then the remote cloud viewing (whilst parked), wouldn't work. This is because energy saving mode turns the WiFi OFF after leaving vehicle.

The only way to keep the WiFi ON which in turn would allow remote viewing is to switch from energy saving to time lapse. Motion detection mode may also work but I haven't tried this.

I hope Thinkware will come up with an update which will allow the WiFi to remain ON during parking mode without having to lose the radar feature.

Last edited:
if the wifi was on then it wouldn't be saving energy ;)

the low energy mode has basically everything asleep except the G-Sensor, it's the only part of the camera that can work like this, anything else needs the camera to be on which negates the low energy mode savings

Yes you're right, but Thinkware should come up with an update that will allow us to use radar mode and WiFi viewing at the same time, doesn't have to be in entirely low energy mode but something like partial low energy mode or something I don't know lol

Ive noticed today that I'm not getting push notifications sent to my phone when there's an impact, I believe this is cause of the wifi switching off after locking and leaving vehicle..

..so for those who want to use the radar module, we're forced to have the camera on energy saving mode? So how are we going to receive push notifications..? And remote viewing if the wifi turns off?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200314-002937_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200314-002937_Gallery.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 21
Ive noticed today that I'm not getting push notifications sent to my phone when there's an impact, I believe this is cause of the wifi switching off after locking and leaving vehicle..

..so for those who want to use the radar module, we're forced to have the camera on energy saving mode? So how are we going to receive push notifications..? And remote viewing if the wifi turns off?
I'm experiencing the same problem. It doesn't make sense. What is the answer?

I understand the u1000's energy saving modes main purpose is to save as much energy as possible hence wifi switching off etc.. but thinkware should have an additional mode that allows us to make full use of all the features on the dascham.. if I knew that the radar mode doesn't work together with the wifi on during parking mode, then most definitely I wouldn't have purchased the u1000. Their radar module advertising is misleading and should mention that wifi/impact and push notifications wont be available when using this optional module. Gutted

I understand the u1000's energy saving modes main purpose is to save as much energy as possible hence wifi switching off etc.. but thinkware should have an additional mode that allows us to make full use of all the features on the dascham.. if I knew that the radar mode doesn't work together with the wifi on during parking mode, then most definitely I wouldn't have purchased the u1000. Their radar module advertising is misleading and should mention that wifi/impact and push notifications wont be available when using this optional module. Gutted
I agree totally. I wouln't have bought the radar module had I known this.

Back