noise from CPL filter

poopje

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
After installing the JooVuu X the other night (ordered from the JooVuu site), I noticed a very loud noise in on the recording. It turned out to be the CPL filter; the adjustment ring has too much space to vibrate. I appreciate the difficulties in producting a filter which on the one hand can rotate, while on the other hand should be sturdy enough not to vibrate, but my filter is not good enough.

I made a temporary fix by adding some tape, but this is not a very satisfying solution.

Does anybody else noticed the same problem or is my filter just a production error? Any way to fix it properly?

Thanks!

I use a O-ring to hold the CPL in place, i have to do that as i do take the camera off now and then, and i don't have a android / I device so i cant make CPL adjustments on the go.
And really once you have adjusted the CPL you should be able to lock it in place some way.

The adjustment ring is also pretty loose on my sample, but i have not detected any noise, but that might be due to me not having sound worth mentioning on my computer, actually my speakers is a old set of cheap headphones where the left speaker is dead.

Hi @poopje
We are aware of this on some CPLs, the simplest solution is to just get a tiny piece of tape and attach it from the lens ring to the body and that should stop it dead :)

Cheers,

Got an O-ring as suggested and this seems to get rid of the noise. @JooVuu: any ideas on when to expect better CPLs? I'm considering bying a second camera, but I might better postpone this for a while?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D JooVuu 4