None standard L shape USB cable for Innovv C2

karalaok

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
C2
Had my C2 for about 3 days and loving it so far. My only complain is the maker of the camera is long over due for an L shape cable. With the L shape, I can bring the camera closer to the review mirror to make it more appealing and not so standout. As you can see on my photo below, there is a huge gap between the camera and the mirror.

I know there are standard L shape USB cable out there but I couldn't find the none standard one any where. Does any one know where I can get one?

Attachments

• dashcammount.jpg
    dashcammount.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 44
Appreciate the reply but those are standard 5 pins mini usb. The one that Innovv C2 uses has 8 pins like the photo below. There are 8 pins usb cable out there but the L-shape one is the one I have yet to find.

Attachments

• 8pin_UC-E6_miniusb.jpg
    8pin_UC-E6_miniusb.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 22
Oh, I see. I wasn't sure at first what you meant by "none" standard. The 8 pins are proprietary and you will not find them elsewhere (L shaped) as far as I know.

Last edited:
Thinking about this a little further, if you are handy you might be able to modify an 8 pin cable to suit your needs. Some members here at DCT have done this with the judicious use of a razor blade and a heat gun to create a DIY form of angled USB plug. Many digital cameras on the market use a proprietary 8 pin USB similar to the Innovv cable, such as the Nikon UC-E6. Pinout compatibility information for these cables can be found HERE and HERE. It probably wouldn't be too hard to determine which of these cables match the C2. @RockThinking, the developer of the C2 might be able to offer the information you need.

Last edited:
Had my C2 for about 3 days and loving it so far. My only complain is the maker of the camera is long over due for an L shape cable. With the L shape, I can bring the camera closer to the review mirror to make it more appealing and not so standout. As you can see on my photo below, there is a huge gap between the camera and the mirror.

I know there are standard L shape USB cable out there but I couldn't find the none standard one any where. Does any one know where I can get one?

Well noted your message and the photo, we are thinking how to solve this issue.
Below is 5 pin parts, I will see if can make it to be 8pin.

INNOVV 8pin.JPG

any updates on this? I just installed the handle bar mount onto my rearview mirror bar and could really really use an L shaped cable.

any updates on this? I just installed the handle bar mount onto my rearview mirror bar and could really really use an L shaped cable.

Please find the below photo, the L shape cable is made base on above parts and the current dashcam cable. Only two are available.
If it is good enough, I will think how to make more for people's need. INNOVV L shape dashcam cable.jpg

I received my FREE L Shape cable from Rock this morning. I just want to give this guy 2 thumbs up for an outstanding service. Thanks ROCK.

edit

Last edited:
I received my FREE L Shape cable from Rock this morning. I just want to give this guy 2 thumbs up for an outstanding service. Thanks ROCK.

edit

It is glad to see my customers are happy with the effort I have been done.

Sorry I was never able to set it up since my battery killed my C2. :( ill get a new one again eventually.

what you mean? car battery or the lith battery inside C2?

what you mean? car battery or the lith battery inside C2?
The c2's battery got too hot and leaked. It still worked and recorded but the footage was all screwed up with bad colors and grain.

I left it out in my car on a really hot day for too long.

Back