Nonexistent Warranty

ender

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a Blackvue DR400G-HD II camera October of last year directly from Pittasoft (contacted their sales team in Korea and had them ship it to me here in the United States). I live in the very hot state of Florida and I have been having nothing but issues with this thing.

Issues:
1. Foggy video due to the excessive heat that the camera produces creating a thin film on the back of the lens (here is a video I recorded to show the issue: youtu.be/muEa_mRpZrA )
2. The camera constantly restarts itself ("blackvue for your safe driving. Starting normal recording."... 20 seconds later... "blackvue for your safe driving. starting normal recording"). I have the power magic pro installed and even with it on or off it constantly restarts. Extremely annoying!

Because of these issues I decided to contact Pittasoft for a warranty claim (since I am still well within my warranty period). I sent them my serial number (to prove that I bought it from them) and the youtube link to show what the issue was. I got no reply. I sent various emails and not ONE reply. I then recently found out that there is a new "US version" of the blackvue site (blackvueusa.com) so I contacted them hoping to get an answer. Nothing.

So then how the hell can they claim that their product has a 1 year warranty when there is no way to contact them or get them in order to submit a warranty claim!?!?! If you told me I bought it third hand or that I had a fake, fine. But I bought it DIRECTLY from Pittasoft! This is ridiculous and I registered on this forum in the hopes that either: a) I get an answer from someone on how to submit a claim or b) I serve as a warning to future customers to be aware that the 1-year warranty is a scam and good luck if you happen to be one of the unlucky MANY who have problems with these cameras.

keep trying, theres plenty of us here who have had issues, just read the forum, plenty who have returned the camera as well and got new ones.

Sorry to hear about your problems

I found the with ac turned towards the screen whilst in hot days ,
It worked for me

As for warranty claims
I brought mine local cost a bit more but it's ok

I emailed the USA dept a while back when I first purchased my 500

Never did get a reply

As for the Korea factory
Without sounding harsh ,
It's a different country and different rules

Not sure if and how that would work

Blackview have thier guy on here for support maybe message them

But try the ac to the screen worked for me :)

Good luck

OO ||| OO + O w O

Contact them via facebook. You'll get a reply.

e30blitz said:
It worked for me

As for the Korea factory
Without sounding harsh ,

Turning my AC towards the camera is not a solution.

As for the "different country and different rules", I disagree. Their warranty explicitly states their terms of 1 year from date of purchase for any defects. But let's assume you are right and "different country and different rules"... then people that are buying these dash cams should be made aware that what they think is a 1-year warranty really is nothing but text. Hence the reason I have created this thread.

wozzzzza said:
keep trying, theres plenty of us here who have had issues, just read the forum, plenty who have returned the camera as well and got new ones.

I am past the stage of "keep trying". I am not going to continue to waste my time emailing the same people over and over again just to not get a reply.

vbx said:

I do not have a Facebook account (I refuse). What is the name of the Blackvue support guy on this forum?

Thank you for your replies. I will be sure to keep this thread updated if anything comes out of it.

ender said:
e30blitz said:
It worked for me

As for the Korea factory
Without sounding harsh ,

As for the "different country and different rules", I disagree. Their warranty explicitly states their terms of 1 year from date of purchase for any defects. But let's assume you are right and "different country and different rules"... then people that are buying these dash cams should be made aware that what they think is a 1-year warranty really is nothing but text. Hence the reason I have created this thread.

wozzzzza said:

I am past the stage of "keep trying". I am not going to continue to waste my time emailing the same people over and over again just to not get a reply.

vbx said:

I do not have a Facebook account (I refuse). What is the name of the Blackvue support guy on this forum?

Thank you for your replies. I will be sure to keep this thread updated if anything comes out of it.

You can send a PM to Blackvue by going to members in top r/h corner click on it and then B and then the name Blackvue and see what happens

Hillbilly said:
ender said:
e30blitz said:
It worked for me

As for the Korea factory
Without sounding harsh ,

wozzzzza said:

vbx said:

You can send a PM to Blackvue by going to members in top r/h corner click on it and then B and then the name Blackvue and see what happens
ALso unless stated that its a worldwide Warranty it usually only applies in the country from which it was bought

EG buy an item in USA get a USA warranty buy it from Hong Kong you have to send it back there to get fixed.

One of the perils of buying world wide

I have a Sony camera bought from USA had an inherent fault Could have left it in US when there but had to pay $200 for postage home.

Brought it home and got it fixed for $180 They wouldnt fix it free in Australia even though they knew of the fault in the model.

I think this is him / her

OO ||| OO + O w O

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376952075.714911.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376952075.714911.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 165
He/she is on the pittsoft section
Blackvue

Could be a company rep of some kind or tech support

OO ||| OO + O w O

Hillbilly said:
Hillbilly said:
ender said:
e30blitz said:
It worked for me

As for the Korea factory
Without sounding harsh ,

wozzzzza said:

vbx said:

ALso unless stated that its a worldwide Warranty it usually only applies in the country from which it was bought

EG buy an item in USA get a USA warranty buy it from Hong Kong you have to send it back there to get fixed.

One of the perils of buying world wide

I have a Sony camera bought from USA had an inherent fault Could have left it in US when there but had to pay $200 for postage home.

Brought it home and got it fixed for $180 They wouldnt fix it free in Australia even though they knew of the fault in the model.

Yes sir

What looks too good to be true is just that,

OO ||| OO + O w O

Well that is the main reason I bought it directly from them (definitely wasn't because it was cheaper!). I wanted there to be no question about the authenticity of the product or excuse for not upholding the warranty.

I will see if I can send Blackvue a PM and will keep this thread updated for future reference. Thank you all for your replies.

Oh and by the way, shipping my camera back to Korea to get it repaired/replaced is not an option since the shipping cost alone is almost as much as the price of the camera.

ender said:
I bought a Blackvue DR400G-HD II camera October of last year directly from Pittasoft (contacted their sales team in Korea and had them ship it to me here in the United States). I live in the very hot state of Florida and I have been having nothing but issues with this thing.

Issues:
1. Foggy video due to the excessive heat that the camera produces creating a thin film on the back of the lens (here is a video I recorded to show the issue: youtu.be/muEa_mRpZrA )
2. The camera constantly restarts itself ("blackvue for your safe driving. Starting normal recording."... 20 seconds later... "blackvue for your safe driving. starting normal recording"). I have the power magic pro installed and even with it on or off it constantly restarts. Extremely annoying!

Because of these issues I decided to contact Pittasoft for a warranty claim (since I am still well within my warranty period). I sent them my serial number (to prove that I bought it from them) and the youtube link to show what the issue was. I got no reply. I sent various emails and not ONE reply. I then recently found out that there is a new "US version" of the blackvue site (blackvueusa.com) so I contacted them hoping to get an answer. Nothing.

So then how the hell can they claim that their product has a 1 year warranty when there is no way to contact them or get them in order to submit a warranty claim!?!?! If you told me I bought it third hand or that I had a fake, fine. But I bought it DIRECTLY from Pittasoft! This is ridiculous and I registered on this forum in the hopes that either: a) I get an answer from someone on how to submit a claim or b) I serve as a warning to future customers to be aware that the 1-year warranty is a scam and good luck if you happen to be one of the unlucky MANY who have problems with these cameras.

Sorry about that. We received your PM, will try to help you as soon as possible.

Back