Noob blown away with amount of choice.

7ate9

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I read the sticky thread, the 'what to buy' thread and read through some of the brands discussion forums, yet I'm still not sure what dashcam would be best for me.
I just never thought there would be so many different brands of cams out there.

I live in Australia and looking for a dashcam ASAP. We live along a major highway between 2 of the countries biggest cities and I'm forever playing bumper cars with morons every time I have to go to town.
So it's time to get a dashcam as I know it won't be long before I end up in a crash.
My wants are simple.

Capacitor for better use on 40+ degrees days.
High quality video day and night (at least to get a good clear shot of the number plate.
Easy to use and to transfer files to my computer/tablet.
Parking sensor
GPS
Good storage capacity.
Size of screen is irrelevant
Price not more than AUD 200

Are there any models that will be released in the next month or 2 that would be worth waiting for? Or are there any suitable models available right now?

Thanks in advance.....

We don't have anything in that price range at the moment, buying locally though I'm not sure there's anything that really ticks all the boxes and within budget so may need to compromise a bit

Welcome to DCT :) @jokiin would be the guy to contact who could give you some great advice. Street Guardian products are always a sound choice.
Firstly...welcome to a fellow Aussie on DCT.
Secondly Spend just a few more bucks and buy a Street Guardian. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/469/
Based on what you have said above it will give you your best bang for your buck and also they offer excellent after sales service to ensure you have peace of mind.

Thank you, what kind of street guardian?

Hey Chris......... Your fired for being too slow on the uptake and I want 3 for letting you know for the price of 2 and I will pay for postage.

EDIT------ I will add another 150 because I think that I was initially being stingy.

Hey Chris......... Your fired for being too slow on the uptake and I want 3 for letting you know for the price of 2 and I will pay for postage.

EDIT------ I will add another 150 because I think that I was initially being stingy.
No parking sensor or hardwire kit on the JooVuu X yet so doesn't fit 7ate9's criteria.
But once that comes on board it will also be a good option.

It says the GPS is an optional extra?

As I'm new to dashcams, is the SG9665GC easy to operate and install?

Hey Chris...... Edit your JooVoo page that says FIRST DELIVERIES APPROX END OF NOVEMBER 2015.

I will contact you regarding 3 of them.

Simple as and is designed to be so with full instructions and maximum support is here if needed.

comes pre configured, the most you need to do is set the time, they're often preset depending on where you live though, they're pretty much ready to go out of the box

But gps is or is not included?

included, always has been
Thank you, it just said optional on the Strathfield website. "Add the optional SGGPS antenna system to add data logging to your recordings". I must've misunderstood.

I need a dashcam by the 14th of January. Would the SG9665 be one I should get now or do you know of any newer modules released with similar specs before that date?

Thank you, it just said optional on the Strathfield website. "Add the optional SGGPS antenna system to add data logging to your recordings". I must've misunderstood.

there's either an error or you're looking at the older model (it was optional on the SG9665GM), always best to check our website for spec as the stores can sometimes get it wrong http://streetguardian.info/sg9665gc-full-hd-gps-dvr.html

I need a dashcam by the 14th of January. Would the SG9665 be one I should get now or do you know of any newer modules released with similar specs before that date?

this model will be here for some time yet, not being replaced anytime soon

Back