Noob Question....can DR900S remember more than one WiFi location?

Aronis

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am about to install my DR900S and have been reading up on things. I have WiFi in my car which obviously shuts down when the car is off. But I have WiFi available in my home and at work where I park. The question is can the device be given multiple wifi address to use and then connect to which ever is available?

Mike

I think there are spaces for 3 different SSIDs.

Yes, there are three “slots” for Wifi. You can even set which of the Wifi has higher priority.

Last edited:
most excellent! thank you.

Mike

All installed. Works great. Learning how to use it. I'll have to test the Wifi connection at work on Monday, but it works great with my home and car WiFi. Some quick photos (iPhone and cropped so they suck)
front camera.JPGrear camera.JPGpower box.JPG

I hope the dashcam produces a lot less 'camera shake' than displayed in your second photo.:D
Nice installation Aronis

I hope the dashcam produces a lot less 'camera shake' than displayed in your second photo.:D
Nice installation Aronis
That is not camera shake!

I think that is the effect of a dual lens phone camera, people pay a lot of money for these phones so that they can have effects like that o_O

LMAO. All the photo critics. That's another website.

1. Dark
2. Quick pics, not a steady hand after spending two hours tearing car apart at night, post call, tired, etc,
3. CROPPED from larger frames. The Third Photo was not cropped. So looks better. The first two were about 20 percent of original images.

I will reshoot with my Canon EOS 1Dx with Speedlight 540 EX Flash, Canon 28-70 f2.8 L Zoom, Manfroto carbon fiber tripod and remote release, perfect in Photoshop, and then repost.

JK not going to repost photos.

It takes great videos so far. Still in the learning curve of things. I guess it is set now to just record 'events' as its doing little clips of a minute or less as I drive.

I was just reviewing some clips from this morning and a few had a FIXED image and an audio record, ie no video. I'll download those to my computer and double check.

I want to set the thing to record continuously as I drive. Some 'events' will not trigger the camera, such as a UFO flying over, or such things.

I got this thing because people are changing. And not for the better.

Mike

I will reshoot with my Canon EOS 1Dx with Speedlight 540 EX Flash, Canon 28-70 f2.8 L Zoom, Manfroto carbon fiber tripod and remote release, perfect in Photoshop, and then repost.

JK not going to repost photos.
you could still expect some critique, welcome to the internet :p

I know, was just kidding, I know the photos stink. Looks better in person. If you overlook how dirty the car is. LOL. I thought I would have gotten more slack about whats in the background in the photo. :)

MikeIMG_0958.JPG

I thought I would have gotten more slack about whats in the background in the photo. :)

Mike
Struggling a bit there, the car doesn't really go with Great America placard...

Maybe it is the Great America that is the issue? Great Britain makes sense, but the USA is the smaller part of America, Canada is bigger.

:unsure:

Maybe it is the Great America that is the issue? Great Britain makes sense, but the USA is the smaller part of America, Canada is bigger.

:unsure:

You've made this same idiotic argument before. Like last time, you are confusing the continents of North and South America with the nations that comprise them. Only one of those nations is called America.

Last edited:
LMAO.....
My wife is Canadian.
My cars are German.
My cameras are Japanese.
My phone and my computers are Chinese.
My guns are Italian.
My watch is Swiss.
My kitchen knives are German.
My Dash Cam is Korean.
and My MAGA hat is Made In America!
Yes, America is GREAT!
Mike

But, according to your list, it seems that the USA make nothing useful then. :D
That is not true, I have 1 thing made in the USA, and it is very useful - the plastic fuel filler cap for my car!
Not sure why it is made in USA, it is a British car with lots of Japanese parts, a few French, a few Italian and 1 German part, I was very surprised to see "Made in USA" moulded into the fuel cap.

My kitchen knives are German.
Should have gone for Swiss knifes, they use the best quality Japanese steel :)

I think I have more of an issue with those ancient computer monitors than the placard in the window. Throw those things out! :)

The Wifi at my place of work requires a log on, account and password, as opposed to Router Name and Password. I hope Blackvue updates the software to allow for such a connection. For now I cannot connect to my work wifi. Then once I can, I suspect that the work network will block the paths that Blackvue software would take to get to the internet.

Mike

Back