Not a Happy Camper with the A139

I can offer the chime when it shut down, push come to shove i can probably also relocate the front DR camera so it film the A139, but it will be close and i fear out of focus.

Would be helpful. If you can film the camera, even out of focus, that would be even better. The noise we're hearing on your video sounds like a proper power off, versus a memory card removal chime. So we need to find out what "overheating" sounds like. Be it the camera or memory card overheating.

it is the sound it gave when it shut down ( i assume from heat ) it is probably the same sound they use for either,,,,, assuming if there is a thermal shut down at some time no one will be there to hear it.

Regarding the LED's i think the behavior will be pretty normal too, but i will see what i can whip up tomorrow if the weather allow for it, they have full overcast going on from early in the day and the rest of the day.
There might be a chance for sun Sunday after noon, but with Danish weather gurus i will not bet on it, seem like the summer are back on standby for the next 10 days. :cry:

If people are only getting corrupt files in parking mode, that is confusing me, if they was there in regular recording i am inclined to guess it would be a capacitor issue then.
But if it is only during parking it must be something else.
could still be a capacitor issue, easy to test for that, just disconnect power while the camera is recording and see what happens

I'm going to run my A139 in a 30C room in my house and will let you know if it fails.

that would be the equivalent of parking outside on a day with full sun and an ambient temp of 0°C, suspect it should do ok
OK I won't, just thought it would be useful.

I doubt they ever tested it in a lab, the whole viofo cam thing seems like a made at home project.

It only got to 87F / 30C today, but I was in full sun, van closed, and with the cam facing the sun. Timer set to 6 hours and got it all with no problems. Last 3 parking vids played on PotPlayer as did first driving vid afterward and 2 random ones after that. Interior temps likely didn't exceed 35C.

Phil

could still be a capacitor issue, easy to test for that, just disconnect power while the camera is recording and see what happens

Yanked power cord and the video is fine. Capacitor works and video being written to is finished before power down. Though I keep noticing my clock is 1 hour off on camera. Can't figure this one out. Probably a bug in firmware 1.2.

So back to the original plan...Seeing why my camera is shutting down.

It only got to 87F / 30C today, but I was in full sun, van closed, and with the cam facing the sun. Timer set to 6 hours and got it all with no problems. Last 3 parking vids played on PotPlayer as did first driving vid afterward and 2 random ones after that. Interior temps likely didn't exceed 35C.

Phil

I'm sure you mentioned this somewhere, but I'm not wanting to look for the answer. What memory card is being used in your A139? After my testing, maybe I'll pick one up and see if I have the same issue. Assuming my memory card is the culprit.

Yanked power cord and the video is fine. Capacitor works and video being written to is finished before power down. Though I keep noticing my clock is 1 hour off on camera. Can't figure this one out. Probably a bug in firmware 1.2.

So back to the original plan...Seeing why my camera is shutting down.
do you have the timezone set correctly, including any DST offset?

I doubt they ever tested it in a lab, the whole viofo cam thing seems like a made at home project.

I bought my camera....I tried to get a product sample. People don't believe me when I say I put cameras through the rigor. I was the first to spot and point out the Zenfox T3 overheating, too. I test cameras in all conditions, in all situations, etc. Viofo should have given me a sample. Now that I paid for this thing, I expect it to function even more. Once I get an answer as to what's going on, if Viofo needs to replace my unit, you bet I'll be asking they do a swap!

Camera cost good money!

do you have the timezone set correctly, including any DST offset?

There's no DST setting. I think that's the issue as I looked through menu thoroughly yesterday. Viofo A129 has a DST on / off in the menu. A139 in Version 1.2 doesn't have that option. So I think that's causing the camera to constantly lose time. Once I sync with phone (which is an option) it goes back to normal. Only to lose an hour again later on.

I guess least of my worries. I'm trying to figure out why @SawMaster camera isn't overheating and mine is shutting down. Hope to get a sunny day so I can record the camera overheating. Get a result to see whether a RMA is necessary on my unit.

Like with the Zenfox T3, I put cameras through the rigor and am a pretty thorough product tester.

There's no DST setting. I think that's the issue as I looked through menu thoroughly yesterday. Viofo A129 has a DST on / off in the menu. A139 in Version 1.2 doesn't have that option. So I think that's causing the camera to constantly lose time. Once I sync with phone (which is an option) it goes back to normal. Only to lose an hour again later on.
It's because the performed sync transfers the time of your phone to internal clock of the dashcam (and probably doesn't care much about timezone or DST) but as soon as Viofo camera gets outside it uses GMT time from GPS signal and adds the predefined timezone. (and since there is no DST option you need to set timezone +1 higher)

I have not inspected the memory card yet as i have still to get off my ass and out the door, but it was still recording when i went to bed, and that was 4-5 hours into its parking guard recording ( i can see the IR light of the cabin camera illuminate my car using my CCTV camera )

So i do think recording for X - XX hours while parked are no problem as long as the camera is not "spanked" by the sun.
I will also try to do daytime recordings in the days to come ( not particular sunny ) but then i will aim my car away from the sun so the main camera should not receive direct sunlight.

Okay my night time parking session last night started at 22:43 and was supposed to run for 6 hours on the timer, so thats 04:43 it was supposed to end.
BUT ! the parking mode session ended at 03:02. :unsure: so for sure not a timer shut off time as past 1 hour thats is in 1 hour segments.

I did go for a half hour drive before i started this session ( having been running 2 cameras earlier in the day and one of them for 4 hours ) so i am not sure my night time session was terminated on low voltage cut off.
remember my battery is 1 year old.

I have driven more today and used 0 parking mode, will drive more tomorrow and then do a session again with the car facing away from what ever little sun there might be..

Got a video I'll be uploading. 100% not memory card. My camera is overheating and shutting down. No Pulling Power Cord where Capacitor has a few seconds of juice to finish out the file being written. No Beeping when you eject memory card. Camera just works one second and spontaneously powers down the next. I did 2 videos, since first one I thought the lights weren't on, or were shutting off in a sequence, but that isn't the case.

Looking at video 1 and video 2, the shutdown is spontaneous and no beeping. Just a hard power down.

Back