Not able to save video to my Iphone

Greg10

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just found you guys because of this problem. Looking forward to hopefully posting some good and helpful hints here after I figure this problem out. I just installed the F800 with the rear camera. All went well up until I try to download a file to my phone. It tries and gets about 3/4 of the way on the download and losses the wifi connection. I can keep the connection active and see the live imaging for as long as i want, it is just as soon as i try and save a file it quits! Any thoughts?

Hi, thought it was something I was doing, as I also have the same problem but from the F800 pro. So sounds like it's an issue with the app

Hi, thought it was something I was doing, as I also have the same problem but from the F800 pro. So sounds like it's an issue with the app
Mine is the F800 pro too with front and back cameras, I spoke to Chameleon about this problem and they sent me this link : http://mailchi.mp/chameleoncodewing/f800_app-949823
However, the video from the link seems to show the setup procedure being as from out of the box new and doesn't address the problem with existing settings so, is it a case of resetting the camera and app to factory settings? if so, how do I do this? or has anyone found a fix to this problem?

Mine is the F800 pro too with front and back cameras, I spoke to Chameleon about this problem and they sent me this link : http://mailchi.mp/chameleoncodewing/f800_app-949823
However, the video from the link seems to show the setup procedure being as from out of the box new and doesn't address the problem with existing settings so, is it a case of resetting the camera and app to factory settings? if so, how do I do this? or has anyone found a fix to this problem?

It appears no one knows of a fix ?? I too have the same problem. F800 camera drops WiFi during download of recorded video. Is there any new info?

Blackboxmycar is where I purchased mine and they had no good answers to this problem. They sent a new unit which I will receive today. Hopefully it was a defective unit but will see later this afternoon! Will try and post back after I try it out!

Blackboxmycar is where I purchased mine and they had no good answers to this problem. They sent a new unit which I will receive today. Hopefully it was a defective unit but will see later this afternoon! Will try and post back after I try it out!

Not likely your camera. To many with same problem? Wonder if Android phones are included? Is your phone Android/IOS?? Could be the App>

I am afraid your right but they didn’t know what else to try. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the iOS app and even now just did this again so when I get the new camera it will be a totally new install. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am afraid your right but they didn’t know what else to try. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the iOS app and even now just did this again so when I get the new camera it will be a totally new install. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The fact you reinstalled the IOS app tells me we have the same phone/App/problem. Also the fact that Black Box gave you a new camera tells me they are not sure themselves the cause of the problem ? It would be great if someone with an Android phone would come on and say they have no problems downloading videos ?? It will be interesting what your new F800 does...Let us know...

I am afraid the new unit does the same thing. I did get 2 files to download the very first time. Then I tried to save them to my phone camera roll. Got an error doing that. Then went back to try and download other files and it would would disconnect from WiFi every time. Even thought that maybe deleting the other 2 files would help but nope. Not sure what to do now except wait for a app update?

Blackboxmycar just suggested updating the firmware on the unit to v1.00.05. I just updated mine and it appears to of worked! I had limited time to try it out tonight but it appears to do everything I needed. Maybe this will take care of the problems for all of us. The old version can be found on the bottom left side of the video where the speed and date info is displayed. It is small for these old eyes. I took a screenshot and blew up the image to read it.
Definitely a big high five to Blackoxmycar!!!!! they have been great to work with.

Just found you guys because of this problem. Looking forward to hopefully posting some good and helpful hints here after I figure this problem out. I just installed the F800 with the rear camera. All went well up until I try to download a file to my phone. It tries and gets about 3/4 of the way on the download and losses the wifi connection. I can keep the connection active and see the live imaging for as long as i want, it is just as soon as i try and save a file it quits! Any thoughts?

I already confirmed it othe thread that thinkware app for ios issue.. i have iphone it keep getting disconnected while saving video to iphone ipad IOS app not stable.

I have androind phone.. all work flawlessly no issue whatsoever with android os.. liveview on android faster too...

I havent update my f800 pro firmware yet.. but.. i can clearly confirm that ios app crash and disconnect not stable..

Android work fine no issue at all

I already confirmed it othe thread that thinkware app for ios issue.. i have iphone it keep getting disconnected while saving video to iphone ipad IOS app not stable.

I have androind phone.. all work flawlessly no issue whatsoever with android os.. liveview on android faster too...

I havent update my f800 pro firmware yet.. but.. i can clearly confirm that ios app crash and disconnect not stable..

Android work fine no issue at all

I just tried to talk to Thinkware support about failure to download video,(wifi drops out) guess I had a bad connection because had trouble understanding him. He indicated there is a .06 firmware revision ??? He tried to explain a fix but I couldn't understand him. Maybe some one else could call with this IOS/Apple app problem ??

I have no issues downloading to my iphone with firmware ver 1.05 for the f800. There is however a new ios thinkware app update today addressing better download preformance.

Remove the sd card from the dash cam.
Insert sd card into computer.
Copy files to computer.
Connect IPhone to computer.
Copy files from computer to IPhone.
Problem solved.

Keep in mind that iphones does not work the same way as Android phones. One might have trouble copying files from computer to iphone.

Alternatively one can yank the SD card out of the camera and plug it into the iphone via a micro SD to lightning adaptor. One should have them in the car in case of accident where you might not have access to 12v power.

Keep in mind that iphones does not work the same way as Android phones. One might have trouble copying files from computer to iphone.

Alternatively one can yank the SD card out of the camera and plug it into the iphone via a micro SD to lightning adaptor. One should have them in the car in case of accident where you might not have access to 12v power.

The problem we are having is copying video files from F800 camera to I phone. Wifi connection drops out during the first file download. The new app revision may take care of it. (I haven't tried it yet) Thanks for the suggestion

The problem we are having is copying video files from F800 camera to I phone. Wifi connection drops out during the first file download. The new app revision may take care of it. (I haven't tried it yet) Thanks for the suggestion

Appears like the new IOS app Revision is going to work. Just downloaded two video files to iPhone with no problems. Wifi stayed connected

Back