Not AGAin! - it is beepting

Damnedest thing, i have said i would only go with endurance, but i have my eye on a couple of regular cards too, which should also be good in my action camera, the U3 cards i have are after all only 64GB in size.

We stopped offering the 400gb card bundle last year since they don’t make a High Endurance option. For 32-256 we now bundle the Sandisk High Endurance U3 cards.

thats one of the cards i am wanting to add to my suite

I've got two of the 128Gb SanDisk high endurance cards. The one that came with the camera, and the one that I bought because the first decided to play a game of hide and seek.
It's only a sample size of two, but the one that came with the camera and marked as made in China has been perfect. The other with a sticker that says made in Malaysia has led to intermittent beeps, and on occasion the camera not wanting to start. (Which is fun when the unit is completely hidden from the driver's view behind the mirror and sound is turned off). I just submitted an RMA to SanDisk this morning for that one. The country of origin probably has no role, but figured I'd add anyway.

Side note: I'm not sure if it's a bug, or a result of my not seeing a part of the documentation, but when I insert any card wile the camera is booting it will get to the splash screen then it crashes (display black, no lights). It's fine after removing and resupplying power. (Not sure if I could get the camera to start by pressing the power button, just realized I haven't tried :unsure: ).

Details on my setup:
SG9663DCPRO with firmware V1.16
Both rear camera and GPS connected
Powered via the included cigarette lighter cord

Side note: I'm not sure if it's a bug, or a result of my not seeing a part of the documentation, but when I insert any card wile the camera is booting it will get to the splash screen then it crashes (display black, no lights). It's fine after removing and resupplying power. (Not sure if I could get the camera to start by pressing the power button, just realized I haven't tried :unsure: ).
it's not hot swapable, camera needs to be off anytime you remove or insert the memory card, you can damage the cards doing that

from the user manuals

The DVR does not support hot plugging of the Micro SD memory card. Be sure to remove or replace the Micro SD memory card only while the recorder is powered off or the memory card and any recordings may be damaged.

That go for any external media plugged into anything, better right click on it first and choose eject and wait a few seconds for it to be ejected ( on the computer ) in the devise turn it off first.

it's not hot swapable, camera needs to be off anytime you remove or insert the memory card, you can damage the cards doing that

Kinda figured it was something I overlooked. But this still begs the question: what is the reason why partial hot swap for insertion can't be implemented? I understand why the card can't be removed while the camera is on as you risk data corruption due to the writing process being interrupted, however pretty much every other device lets you hot swap insert cards.

Ha, wish I read this thread before formatting my 400gb card via a usb2 reader on my pc [emoji23]. 400gb card A1 SanDisk took about 48 hours to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just had the camera beep multiple times during my drive today, all within 10 minutes of each other on my other sandisk HE card. :oops: Thought I heard a random beep when using this card a little while ago, but thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me. On the plus side sandisk is supposed to be shipping the replacement to the card I RMAed today. I guess I'll see what that one does. So far I'm 2 for 2, but I can't say for certain that I've never hot swapped the current card. (Pretty sure it was just the RMA card) :banghead:

Arghf! The defective card failed to record proof that I turned on a green arrow, because of this beeping thing. Can I get a replacement for the 400 GB that I was supplied as a replacement to the one I bought with the camera? Even if it is 256 GB, it is better than an unreliable 400 GB. Thx.

Just had the camera beep multiple times during my drive today, all within 10 minutes of each other on my other sandisk HE card. :oops: Thought I heard a random beep when using this card a little while ago, but thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me. On the plus side sandisk is supposed to be shipping the replacement to the card I RMAed today. I guess I'll see what that one does. So far I'm 2 for 2, but I can't say for certain that I've never hot swapped the current card. (Pretty sure it was just the RMA card) :banghead:

Well I have an update... The RMA for the card I got on amazon is performing flawlessly as far as the camera is concerned. Card that came with the camera still beeps. Must be the card, and without being 100% sure if I hotswaped that card, I'm blaming myself for this one... :inpain:

I had nothing but good experience doing RMA on memory cards from Amazon, even from a not fulfilled by Amazon seller, the RMA from him i actually got the new card shipped directly from the EU headquarters of the brand ( PNY )
Most times i have the new memory card in hand before i get to ship the broken one back.

And yes. no "ripping" memory cards out of anything, the devise need to be off, or if it is a computer R click on the drive for the memory card and select eject, and then light( if any ) in the card reader should go out as the memory card disappear from the list of drives on the computer.

Good thing cards are cheap now, a decade ago you had to take out a mortgage on the house or pawn one of your kids to buy a large memory card.

And yes. no "ripping" memory cards out of anything, the devise need to be off, or if it is a computer R click on the drive for the memory card and select eject, and then light( if any ) in the card reader should go out as the memory card disappear from the list of drives on the computer.

That's the thing though..

I've never removed any of the cards when they've had power applied (from the camera or my PC). Any hotswapping I've ever done with the camera has been on insertion only, and only before the camera finished its boot process. This was why I was surprised that such an action could cause issues with the card.

You can "hot-insert" a micro SD into a card reader, pretty much every digital camera I've ever seen, and most android phones where the card isn't held hostage by a removable battery. Yes, if you remove a card from any of these devices when it is being accessed, you're going to have problems, and that's understandable.

Question: Is it supposed to beep or double beep when I turn the key to off? I have the hardwire kit installed and the camera is set to 3-wire.

Back