Not all audio loaded in Sony Vegas 12

enuffsaid

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
When I open a BlackVue 650 video (MP4) in Sony Vegas 12 it doesn't load the entire audio track as can be seen in the screenshot below. When I play the video in Vegas 12 the audio stops after a few seconds.

The video plays correctly in Windows Media player

2hwmuep.png

Any help would be appreciated.

My specs
Windows 7 64 bit
Sony Vegas 12 64 bit
8 GB RAM

Not sure how that is relevant to my question. For now I'd like to stick with the issue I'm having.

There are two free video editing software packages suggested in my thread. It would rule out of anything is corrupted etc. Try them as a test to see how audio is handled.

I also suggest the split for a nice dual channel presentation.

The file plays fine in VLC and Windows Media Player. Hence, I don't believe them to be corrupt.

I don't have the rear cam installed yet. But once it is, I'll be sure to check out the split dual channel presentation. It does look very good. Thanks.

I've tried some other vids from my BlackVue 650 and they ALL have this problem. For now I'd really like to get this sorted in Vegas 12.

When I open a BlackVue 650 video (MP4) in Sony Vegas 12 it doesn't load the entire audio track as can be seen in the screenshot below. When I play the video in Vegas 12 the audio stops after a few seconds.

The video plays correctly in Windows Media player

2hwmuep.png

Any help would be appreciated.

My specs
Windows 7 64 bit
Sony Vegas 12 64 bit
8 GB RAM

I used to have this problem when using a PC (I'm a MAC user now). I had Sony Vegas 10 and my MP4s always seem to be missing audio when imported. I installed Quicktime and their codecs seem to have solved that problem. Do you have Quicktime installed?

I've read quite some threads on installing quicktime. But those were videos that did not have ANY audio track. Mine does have an audio track but the audio stops after a few seconds as you can see in my screenshot.

And, no I don't have quicktime installed and I'd like to keep it that way. In my opinion installing quicktime is like squashing a bug by installing another bug.

There are many apps out there that require QuickTime. I'd image your system or enable system restore, try it, and roll back if it doesn't help.

Sorry, but i dont believe that to be true. Over 15 years as a support tech / sys admin tells me so. My laptop hardly has any software installed on it since i bought it 2 years ago. It runs smooth as silk (i7 proc & ssd). Apple aint touching my system; heaven forbid! I sold my ipod classic because of this turd called itunes / quicktime. I could write a book about that, but lets not get into that. I'll see what happens on my win xp desktop.

Nobody here with a blackvue and sony vegas?

Are you using the stock firmware or enhanced hacked Russian firmware? Yeah trying another computer would quickly rule things out.

Today ive installed the latest *official* firmware and tried opening a new video in vegas; same problem. Ive never used a hacked firmware and the blackvue is 3 months old.

Last edited:
Have you tried demuxing Blackvue videos? Audio track can be then converted to WAV and loaded into Vegas without problem.

Mine always play perfect in Windows Media Player

@ FourEyes,

No I haven't but I'm all ears. What do you suggest I use to Demux?

@ Andy Moore

Like I said, they play fine in WMP and VLC. It's Sony Vegas that I have the issue with (see topic title).

Last edited:
avidemux (GUI) or mencoder (console). Load your file into avidemux, select output audio type PCM and save audio track. Then import it into Vegas project media pool and add to project instead of the original audio which you can mute or remove the entire track.

Hi FourEyes,

I like the "sound" of that. ;)

Will give that a try. Thank you for your helpful reply.

There are many programs for RE-Muxing and mine is VideoRedo and quite happy to send you a cracked copy ?

Hi Hombré. Thanks for the kind offer. But for now I'll settle with the freeware version FourEyes suggested.

But there's more. As I said earlier I tried loading the BlackVue MP4 file on my old Windows XP desktop. It actually had Sony Vegas 7 installed on it. So I opened the file and it played perfectly on that old system! That made me think there must be something wrong with my current Win7 laptop configuration. So I took the plunge and did a full system restore as if I just took the laptop out of the box. I'm currently dowloading the Windows updates after which I'll install Vegas again and see what it does. I'm eager to see if it works or not. I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Hey,

I was in the same senario as you just a few weeks ago, however I found that loading the video files into windows movie maker and converting them to MP4 again then importing into Sony Vegas results in audio being all there! I'm unsure why but this was my only fix..

It doesn't take long to do this but it's just an extra step that shouldn't be required.. but until someone works out what is going on I'll just keep converting my files then importing to Sony Vegas,

Sooo.... I reinstalled my PC from scratch (Lenovo OneKey Recovery) got all the windows updates. Installed Google Chrome, VMWare Player, and Sony Vegas 12. And wouldn't you know it... same damn problem. I've even updated Vegas to the lastest version but still the same issue. Sigh. So I need to look into the other options suggested here. Strange my Win XP PC with Vegas 7 doesn't have this problem. Perhaps I should try installing that version.

Back