Not as reliable as my 312GW so far.

kentkruzer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a 422 to ‘Upgrade’ from my old 312 that now resides in wife’s car.
First drive out and after a few minutes it shutdown with low battery warning then wouldn’t restart.
After checking all the wiring I narrowed it down to the magnetic mount. After reattaching a few times it worked then got a GPS connection failure then stopped again. A bit more fiddling and seems to be working. But I want to be able to remove the cam when leaving the car and not sure I can trust the connection.
Anybody else having issues or have I got a faulty one?
Also having Bluetooth issues but I’ll try some of the fixes I’ve read about first.

I upgraded from my trustworthy 412gw to the 422gw because of the size comparison and slightly better specs etc. Part of me wishes I stuck with the 412gw, as you have mentioned the battery life appears to be unreliable... It will be on charge all day whilst recording then at the end of the day it will flash up with low battery... Wtf!? Sometimes I think the old mounting idea was better as everytime you remove the 422gw etc from the magnetic mount it moves all over the place meaning next time you re fit the camera you have to re position it!

Bought a 422 to ‘Upgrade’ from my old 312 that now resides in wife’s car.
First drive out and after a few minutes it shutdown with low battery warning then wouldn’t restart.
After checking all the wiring I narrowed it down to the magnetic mount. After reattaching a few times it worked then got a GPS connection failure then stopped again. A bit more fiddling and seems to be working. But I want to be able to remove the cam when leaving the car and not sure I can trust the connection.
Anybody else having issues or have I got a faulty one?
Also having Bluetooth issues but I’ll try some of the fixes I’ve read about first.

Hi there,

That sounds to me like it could be a faulty GPS mount. I've sent you a direct message regarding a replacement.

Kind regards,
Millie

My GPS mount appears to be ok, but I'm Having to fully charge my 422gw at least every 2 days even though its on constant charge in my works van through out the working day... I brought it last June from halfords would it be too late to get a replacement/full refund

My GPS mount appears to be ok, but I'm Having to fully charge my 422gw at least every 2 days even though its on constant charge in my works van through out the working day... I brought it last June from halfords would it be too late to get a replacement/full refund

You're still within your 1 year warranty period. If you're experiencing battery issues, they should be able to exchange the unit for a Series 2 unit, or provide a full refund.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Do I have to provide purchase receipt, what happens if its lost now

Do I have to provide purchase receipt, what happens if its lost now
Yes you'll need a receipt, Did they not email you one as well as a paper copy? If not they'll probably ask you to provide POP via a bank statement if you paid on card. Halfords are normally pretty good at taking things back tbf.

I found the till receipt, cheers for the reply

Would I have to return the box with the mount etc or just the camera itself

They may be able to just swap the Dash Cam itself, but it's worth having the accessories with you in case they need to swap the whole kit.

Millie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R 422GW 20
Back