Not Connecting To Home WIFI

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a solution to my camera not connecting to my home WIFI automatically?

When my vehicle is in the garage and I turn it on, the DR900S doesnt auto connect to my home wifi, I do have auto connect enabled for the camera via the Andoid App and I'm running the latest firmware.

Is the WiFi light on and it's just not connecting to your home wifi? On my iPhone app I had to register multiple SSIDs, e.g., hot spot while away vs. home router in garage, and presumably it tries amongst them once WiFi turns on.

Can you manually make your DR900 connect to your home WiFi from your garage? If you can, then the issue seems to be with auto-connect. If you can't get it to connect to your home WiFi at all, manually or automatically, then it may be an issue with WiFi reception in your garage.

Is the WiFi light on and it's just not connecting to your home wifi? On my iPhone app I had to register multiple SSIDs, e.g., hot spot while away vs. home router in garage, and presumably it tries amongst them once WiFi turns on.

Can you manually make your DR900 connect to your home WiFi from your garage? If you can, then the issue seems to be with auto-connect. If you can't get it to connect to your home WiFi at all, manually or automatically, then it may be an issue with WiFi reception in your garage.

Thanks for the reply.

What is happening now is, it wont connect to home WIFI, but my phone does connect to the dashcam automatically, which causes my data on my phone to stop working!

The reception distance to my router from my vehicle is 4 meters.

What is happening now is, it wont connect to home WIFI, but my phone does connect to the dashcam automatically, which causes my data on my phone to stop working!

I have an iPhone and I set my DR900S hot spot to not connect automatically by pressing the "i" icon next to it and unchecking that option. I don't want my iPhone to auto-connect to the DR900S for exactly that reason -- Most of the time I do not want to lose my internet access because I don't want to download or view camera videos everytime I turn on the car.

Perhaps your dashcam is not connecting to your home wi-fi because your phone has already connected to it, so the other question of whether it connects if your phone does not is very good... That may be why it's not working for you (automatically).

My camera now connects to the home WIFI. :)

My camera now connects to the home WIFI. :)

Just curious if BlackVue finally has this right. When you say your camera connects to the home WiFi do you have the same access as.. say your laptop connected to your home WiFi and you are able to see and share all your files etc with your main computer. Like is the WiFi connection complete or are you limited / restricted as to what you can see and transfer.

Not sure what you mean.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Like is the WiFi connection complete or are you limited / restricted as to what you can see and transfer.
Limited. There's a very specific http-based interface that allows you some limited access. A lot of it is undocumented and not known, but some very useful information has been gleaned and made public over the years.

For example, once you know the IP address your home router assigned to the camera, you can do this in your browser:
Code:
http://<camera IP>/blackvue_live.cgi?direction=R
to view the Rear camera Live in the browser.

Some people on this forum (including myself) have used the limited interface to write scripts to download the recordings to a local hard drive. Scout around the forum and you'll find stuff.

Back