Not dash but CCTV and vehicles

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Really nasty from the great state of Texas if my memory serve me right.

Toll booths cause accidents. This is a good reason to get rid of all toll roads.

Yeah.
We dont have road prizing here, or that is a couple of the new big bridges you do have to pay.
Besides there are smarter ways of doing road prizing nowadays, and those will also allow for a pinpoint tracking of your Citizens, not that its not already done or could be done if they want to.

As i recall this was some sort of seizure or heart attack by the driver of the white car, my friend did the same some years back, died behind the wheel of his Ram Charger, and as its a AUT he lifted off the brake and set in motion coasting across the red intersection and hit a car on the other side.
But its a roll of the dice cuz you might as well floor the throttle as you keel over and die while driving, lucky my friend was at a intersection waiting for green, and they got him back cuz he died 10 or so more times before he got to the hospital.

Toll booths cause accidents. This is a good reason to get rid of all toll roads.

It is just stupid drivers.

Here in Sydney they have removed toll booths. They use ANR (automatic number plate recognition) and electronic tags. This has introduced a new breed of stupid drivers that follow within a few feet of your rear bumper so that the ANR system thinks it is still the same vehicle. The rear vehicle does not get tolled. This has happened to me a few times.

Yeah it are pretty hard to week out stupid on the roads, and the only thing that work ,,,, like really work in that regard are hands on humans, any attempt to use any form of automatic computer guided system are bound to fail.

I forgot to say i dont think its the fault of toll booths, for a live and awake person driving it should be no problem detecting it and handle it right.

I think it is safe to say that right now in human history, we have reached a place where some humans just cant or will not deal with things like laws we have collective set forth to have a framework that facilitate what ever we want to move along.
But we need our societies to wake up and realize this and deal with those people, and there are people out there that just should not be allowed to participate in some things with the rest of us.
And it is not a problem today, you can live a whole life in 1 town and have all you will ever need, but some people should only be allowed to move around in that town or leave it unless they are walking or on bicycle or in public transport.
And i am pretty sure what ever international human rights things our respective countries have signed mention nothing in this regard, and if it do we need to change that or withdraw from that treaty.

That driver was Monumentally Stupid - Did the driver die ?

I think it was just the 1 guy in the car getting compacted that died, the driver of the white car suffered a "medical issue" so that can be any number of things.

I guy i knew was epileptic and one day that and his liking for beer and smoking weed caught up with him, got a seizure 100 M before a small intersection - went thru a pay phone that was there back then, got flipped onto roof - skidded across intersection and into a florist that was on the other side back then.
That was the end of his license.

https://www.google.dk/maps/@56.1488...NRedFplI-ew0yA96cHrg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=da

That hedge at the end of the block wasent there back then, the white house on the other side are the has been florist.
In this B&W pic you can see the payphone.
B2009.jpg

As soon as something is NQR ( Not quite right ) ,,,
Why would you not apply the brake ... ?
Seems to be this serious social objection to slowing down !

Indeed but some things hit like lightning it seem, my friend have no recollection of him dying behind the wheel of his big ass Dodge Ram Charger, nothing about feeling bad or anything just one moment he was there waiting for green light, the next he was gone.
Also my friend say that tunnel of light stuff when dying, that's just BS he dident see squat and he died 10+ times before he went under the knife and got stabilized. :)

Last edited:
I think most of the time people ignore the warning signs ...
At least thats what I heard from the experts ...
And then they die suddenly ! ( Never mind the few hours of warning signs )
May not be like that all the time , but often enough from what I have heard .

Yes that's highly possible, at the time my friend died he was in the end of a 5 year long process of getting early retirement for his arthritis and other things, his shoulders are the most bad, he can barely lift his own arms or wipe his own ass.
It is easy for a person that know him to see he is in pain often, not least if he try to do just a little thing with his arms, and he do cuz he are in denial, and he cant eat painkillers due to all the other medication he get for his heart.

First time my back went out i drove too, and to be honest i was thinking i was having a heart attack too cuz the pain was in the chest, only the pains radiating down a arm wasent there.
But its the most god damn intense pain i even felt, and i am no chicken i have bones that have been left to grow together on their own accord, and i have stitched up myself too once in a while to prevent having to answer to questions on the hospital..

Seems to be this serious social objection to slowing down !
I know you're half joking, but the number of people who literally think that way is growing.
They must not be impeded by anyone or anything, and if you're in their way they expect you to move and give them a clear path.

I know you're half joking, but the number of people who literally think that way is growing.
They must not be impeded by anyone or anything, and if you're in their way they expect you to move and give them a clear path.

Not really !
I watch too much dash cam ! And a lot of the time my foot is slamming the floor as I try to brake for the cam car , which does not apply the brakes , does not slow down , but simply rushed head long into a crash ..
Maybe they had right of way , maybe not ! , but always this lack of slowing down and doing the safe thing ..
People have become so aggressive on the road ( Dangerous ) , and I see what I see .. I don't watch to take sides , I watch to learn , to change my behavior or attitude .. Not to re enforce any bad habits I have , but to rid myself off them .
And pressing the brake is something we should probably do more often .
Because there is one certainty - there are dangerous people out on the road doing dangerous things and it's probably best to avoid them rather than get entangled with them .. ( And their BS )

I don't know about elsewhere, but I have a theory about why there are so many aggressive, selfish drivers in London.
The people in charge have deliberately made London's roads dysfunctional by, for example, phasing traffic lights so you CANNOT travel without stopping (unless you greatly ignore speed limits), having all traffic lights at a junction red at the same time for extended periods so pedestrians can frolic about (and remember, this is every few hundred yards, so this is deliberate emulation of gridlock), narrowing roads to single lanes then putting a bus stop there to halt traffic needlessly, borough-wide 20mph limits that include main roads, etc., etc.

As a result, many people feel they have no choice but to aggressively go for every opportunity to make progress, even if they have to screw other people over.
The more they mess up the roads, the more bad driving happens. It doesn't justify bad driving - but it does cause it.

Here you will often see a sigh with a posted speed to maintain a green wave down the road, it is the most sensible thing to do as all those stop/start maneuvers are hard on the environment.
We even have green wave for Cyclists on the bicycle paths.

Such a sign could look like this.
gr%C3%B8nb%C3%B8lge2

It say green wave, every day from 12:00 to 18:00 if you maintain a speed of 20 km/h

The green wave are of course not something you can just drop down on a stretch of road, often you will just find it only work in one direction for a road.

My birth town of Aarhus are not really geared for car traffic in the center, just like London, so for a long time they have talked about banning cars there for anyone that do not live there, and then instead of having the parking garages downtown they will be put outside the city center and people then have to take the bus or light rail to the center.

I think the idea are fine, the layout of the old city planners did not foresee current day traffic, so it is a part of the path of mankind as we have evolved.

Now Aarhus are of course a whole lot smaller than London, but the problems are the same, but the people living in London and the people Managing London just have bigger challenges.
Aarhus you can easy walk all over the town center in 1 hour 2 or 3 hours if you want to walk across the whole town, its just 6 - 7 Km from the signs south of town to the signs saying you leave town in the north, and pretty much the same in a easy / west direction.

London have a head start with the tube, Aarhus just now getting light rail / trams again after trams was phased out in the early 70ties.

With such old towns ( hundreds of years old ) , I don't think the town planers ever imagined having to deal with thousands to millions of cars ..
I am surprised elevated roads are not more popular .. When I was in the USA a lot of places had elevated roads ( California )
Seattle Washington had Elevated roads ..
Problem is , make a good bit of road and everyone will want to use it ! There by making it that road into a Car Park .
And poorly thought out new roads ( Melbourne Australia ) can quickly become car parks ..
Melbourne at peak hour is a joke , quite possibly a nightmare !
But definitely reflects on the intelligence level of the gooberment . ( Cant design roads for S**t )

i have driven through this particular toll booth (though in the "EZ Tag" (transponder) lanes where you don't have to stop. the road leading to the toll booth is completely straight for at least a half mile and has PLENTY of warning. to have hit where they did, they would have had to steer a lot to the right. in addition, they would have had to make some fairly high speed curves on the road leading up to the booth. scroll up in the map below and you'll see what i mean. this is also a road where the posted limit is 65 mph but most people do 80.

toll booth in question - based on the video, they were going southbound, and ended up in the left-most lane in this overhead view. https://www.google.com/maps/@29.8575099,-95.5646787,1244m/data=!3m1!1e3

plenty of places (including texas!) have "toll by mail" where they just take your picture and mail you the bill. i never really thought about it but now i know why sometimes i'll have someone tailgating me stupidly close while going through the transponder lanes. i ought to look and see whether i've been billed for having a trailer - sensors in the road count axles and adjust the toll accordingly.

I just heard that the two pay bridges here aside for cash and transponders will now be fitted with ANPR and so be able to bill you by your license-plate.
Pretty sure this will mean a increase in the number of stolen plates here.

Back