not impressed, 512GW battery not holding charge

cypher007

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
contacted Nextbase about my 512GW not holding a charge for more than 11mins even with screensaver mode on.

there response is I need to buy a new battery at a cost of £10.

I don't find this acceptable on a camera I bought in October 2017 which has been slowly getting worse since about June last year.

my Dad has a 402G which has had 2 batteries both supplied FOC by Nexbase. the last one was a higher capacity one.

That doesn’t seem fair, shame Tiffany is not on the forums anymore who Works Or did work at nextbase as she was really reasonable & probably would of sorted you out

That doesn’t seem fair, shame Tiffany is not on the forums anymore who Works Or did work at nextbase as she was really reasonable & probably would of sorted you out

Not seeking any gory details, but you are sure Tiffany is gone? That would be sad as she helped numerous people quickly and nicely- the kind of people I like seeing here on DCT.

Phil

Yeah. Good customer care / service, and helpfulness are worth more than any Superbowl commercial, in my not always quiet mind i call it the last frontier for retail businesses.
You do know the battery are not really there to operate the camera on, its main purpose are to make sure the recordings get saver properly in case of a violent event.
Some say well you can take the camera off the windscreen and film the accident scene, and yes you can do that, but really wouldn't it be smarter to use the phone most carry nowadays.
I am not talking about or brandishing a dashcam of mine at a accident scene, i might whip out my phone but that's another thing, any lying will probably be about what lead up to a accident, and i want people to dig as big a hole as possible for them self.

Last edited:
All batteries wear out over time and with use, why do you expect it to last more than 1 year when you are using it daily?

There are a reason capacitor based cameras are recommended over battery based cameras, and it is not recording length which are close to none on a capacitor camera.

Back