Not recording after a period of time

enrgeiz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey everyone,
I've got an issue that actually affects both my SG dashcams. After some time, the dashcams will not write to the sd card, the dashcams seem to be operating normally (with the record blink) and doesn't beep but the videos are not being recorded/saved?
Sometimes I would check and it hasn't been recording for a month or however long until I check. I changed SD cards once but it still happens (albeit not with the latest cards out now)
I format the cards & it's fine for a bit then doesn't save again.

I've used two different Samsung 64gb Evo+, Sandisk Ultra 32GB Class10 and a Sandisk 16GB
It's not hardwired to the car.

SGGCX2PRO - f/w: X2PRO190321V1.23
SG9665GC (SGGC-B15430802)- f/w: SG20181127.V4

Been happening for a year or so at around similar times.

Hi jokiin, some were the ones included in the box.
The other ones I'm sure from a pc retailer in Sydney, can't remember the exact name.

(i didn't include all the cards i've tried as i don't have them with me)

we never supplied Samsung 64GB or Sandisk 16GB cards, Sandisk Ultra cards we haven't used for almost 2 years, I'd start by doing an overwrite format of the cards using SDformatter in your computer, format in the camera again afterwards, there's newer firmware available than what you're using, you might want to update, particularly for the X2PRO as you're on an early version still

So I upgraded the firmware, factory reset & got new SD cards, once the card is full it stops over-writing the old files.

I am using the supplied power supply into cars 12v.
New card is the samsung pro endurance 64gb.

When I checked the dashcam, it was reverted back to the factory date & when I set the correct date it records on sd card again?

if the date resets it will overwrite the wrong files, that would be the issue, will also wear out the card prematurely if left like that

what's the serial number on the camera and when was it purchased?

Although it only writes once i check the camera (pulled the sd out and in), otherwise doesn't overwrite anything at all.

The SGGCX2PRO sn is SGGCX2PRO-18270905.
Purchased 13 Jan 2019 through strathfield car radio

if you send me the camera I'll replace it for you, let me know if you are using it with a rear camera or not so I make sure to have the correct firmware installed to suit

send as follows

Street Guardian
PO Box 685
Moorebank NSW 1875

please include your contact and return post details, turnaround time is one business day, if it arrives in the morning replacement will go out same day

Back