Not recording parking videos.

mexus

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Parking videos are not working.

I don’t have the hardwire kit, but the car lighter always has 12V (when the ignition if off, when the car is locked and so on).
How I test it – I manually hold the power button, the camera states – “Will enter parking surveillance mode in 5 minutes”, after I come back to the car, let say after a hour I give the car a good shake (It’s enough to trigger an emergency event), wait two minutes, unlock the car, enter it, wake the camera up and check the gallery – NO parking videos recorded.
Tried with automatic power off when parked – NOTHING.
Left the camera on without pressing the power button – the camera is still recording the next day – not a power issue. Any suggestions how can I get parking surveillance working? Using the last firmware….

Unfortunately, in the latest firmware 1.0.6, Parking mode is only available with the special "70mai hardware kit" cables...
photo_2020-09-24_15-29-40.jpg

Unfortunately, in the latest firmware 1.0.6, Parking mode is only available with the special "70mai hardware kit" cables...
View attachment 53487
That's why it quit working. How can it even know. I dont feel like doing this all over again. The 70mai hardwire kit doesn't have a higher voltage cutoff either. Any workaround?

it may not work even with the official hardwire kit.
mine is wired up properly with the hardwire kit, says it will enter parking mode when i switch off my engine, and i can turn it on manually after engine is off, but regardless of what impact i put on the car or windscreen when its it parking mode, it just doesn't record.
the red indicator comes on for few seconds, then the camera went dead with no recording.
normal driving worked without any issue

it may not work even with the official hardwire kit.
mine is wired up properly with the hardwire kit, says it will enter parking mode when i switch off my engine, and i can turn it on manually after engine is off, but regardless of what impact i put on the car or windscreen when its it parking mode, it just doesn't record.
the red indicator comes on for few seconds, then the camera went dead with no recording.
normal driving worked without any issue
Ok. Thanks for your input.

Hello, Im new here. I just want to tell whats going on with mine. I recently installed the camera with the original hardwire kit. It works except the parknig mode. As many of us have the problem with the parking mode. It says enter parking mode after 5, but these 5 minutes never come!! The sensor works fine, when it records and i shake it, it records emergency video. As i read in other forums its the firmware 1.0.6 which causes the problem. In this point i want to mention that im pretty sure that before i made the update it didnt work either. Im not very sure cause i installed it and i made the update very quick. Does anyone knows more about this? Is it going to be fixed?

Hello, Im new here. I just want to tell whats going on with mine. I recently installed the camera with the original hardwire kit. It works except the parknig mode. As many of us have the problem with the parking mode. It says enter parking mode after 5, but these 5 minutes never come!! The sensor works fine, when it records and i shake it, it records emergency video. As i read in other forums its the firmware 1.0.6 which causes the problem. In this point i want to mention that im pretty sure that before i made the update it didnt work either. Im not very sure cause i installed it and i made the update very quick. Does anyone knows more about this? Is it going to be fixed?
It worked before the update, but I can't even enable it again.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It worked before the update, but I can't even enable it again.

In menu you cant enable it or its enabled and it just doesnt work? Mine it the menu its ok, i can even select after 5, 10, etc minutes, when will it enter the mode

In menu you cant enable it or its enabled and it just doesnt work? Mine it the menu its ok, i can even select after 5, 10, etc minutes, when will it enter the mode
That's automatic shutdown that gives you those time frames.

That's automatic shutdown that gives you those time frames.

Wait, these 5 minutes, are the time that after it the camera shuts down? i mean it doesnt records nothing even the kit is intalled? Or after 5 minutes it records only if it senses movements, crashes etc? Maybe i didnt understand well.. We have to choose the 5 min or never shuts down? I believed that never shuts down is for recording 24/7 if the kit is installed.. Sorry for the questions, but im new in dashcams

Wait, these 5 minutes, are the time that after it the camera shuts down? i mean it doesnt records nothing even the kit is intalled? Or after 5 minutes it records only if it senses movements, crashes etc? Maybe i didnt understand well.. We have to choose the 5 min or never shuts down? I believed that never shuts down is for recording 24/7 if the kit is installed.. Sorry for the questions, but im new in dashcams
You have to go to the parking Surveillance option and choose the sensitivity. It won't even allow me to do that anymore since a firmware update. The automatic shutdown just saves it from draining battery. It used to go to a parking mode and say parking Surveillance, and it would wake up if I knocked on the glass. It won't let me do it anymore after the update. Smh

You have to go to the parking Surveillance option and choose the sensitivity. It won't even allow me to do that anymore since a firmware update. The automatic shutdown just saves it from draining battery. It used to go to a parking mode and say parking Surveillance, and it would wake up if I knocked on the glass. It won't let me do it anymore after the update. Smh

I dont know why. I can choose the sensitivity and all the stuff, but it doesnt records anything, no matter who hard i knock the glass or shake the car.. It just never wakes up... Thank you by the way!

I dont know why. I can choose the sensitivity and all the stuff, but it doesnt records anything, no matter who hard i knock the glass or shake the car.. It just never wakes up... Thank you by the way!
So yours will let you choose a sensitivity under parking surveillance?

So yours will let you choose a sensitivity under parking surveillance?

Yes, i have all the choises but i cant get it record in parking mode, thats why i wonder if i made something wrong. I saw somewhere that if i didnt hardwired it correctly, then i should get the messege that i had to hardwire the dash camera if i wanted to enable that function. Am i correct? Im going crazy, im looking for it 3 days in raw to find whats going on. I hope its firmware fault and in future update it will works!

Yes, i have all the choises but i cant get it record in parking mode, thats why i wonder if i made something wrong. I saw somewhere that if i didnt hardwired it correctly, then i should get the messege that i had to hardwire the dash camera if i wanted to enable that function. Am i correct? Im going crazy, im looking for it 3 days in raw to find whats going on. I hope its firmware fault and in future update it will works!
There is a firmware issue going on. 70Mai has a discussion group on Facebook that you can join.

Just 2 cents from me. When I installed the HW kit, the parking surveillance didn't work for me (saying that HW kit is not connected). I spend hours figuring out what's wrong...then did a factory reset of the camera and voila, it was suddenly working. I know...I felt stupid that it wasn't the first thing to try...but maybe there's someone like me in here, so it's worth a try :D

Just 2 cents from me. When I installed the HW kit, the parking surveillance didn't work for me (saying that HW kit is not connected). I spend hours figuring out what's wrong...then did a factory reset of the camera and voila, it was suddenly working. I know...I felt stupid that it wasn't the first thing to try...but maybe there's someone like me in here, so it's worth a try :D
Is your hardwire kit the one by 70Mai?

Yep. Complete set incl. rear camera.
Ok. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0787LD92N
This is the kit I am using, because it has an adjustable low voltage cut off. It worked perfect at first, and after the update it keeps prompting me to use their hardwire kit when trying to enable it. I dont know why it worked fine at first, and now won't enable the parking mode after the update. Do you know anywhere to get the 70mai hardwire kit that won't take 15 days to deliver?

Back