Not recording

Mike Payne

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello, A couple of weeks ago I updated the firmware on my nextbase 312GW to R06.4 Today I see a message SD card full, it turns out the camera has not recorded anything in the last few weeks, I formatted the SD card last time I took it out, so I formatted it again in the camera, then put the card in the computer, it says Capacity 31,65 GB Available 31,65 GB (5 MB purgeable). One of the problems is that the Camera does not seem to overwrite files, it requires me to take the camera out and format the disk again. I don't see on the camera menu any option of over-writing files. What's the maximum card size with firmware version 6.04

Please upload a photo of both sides of your SD card.

The maximum capacity is 128GB.

Here are pictures of the SD card. Attaching pictures is not working. I've tried attach file or Insert image from the menu above.

Did you have that card already? The 300x cards are a couple of generations old already, you can check the serial number off the back of the card on the transcend website and see when it was made

Is there a serial ? I can't see one, although, they are difficult to photo. Need to get the light just right.

I believe I bought it the same time I bought the camera. If the 128 GB works, I will buy another. The numbers on the reverse are 86/883 0923 and 9181AA 32G 07QS2.

No I have not tested the card, is that a website? I think the slash"/" in the serial number is acutally a 7, so 867883 0923. I ordered a new 128 GB SD card today.

At the bottom of my first post here is a link to 3 programs to help detect fake or substandard cards:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/fake-sdcards.36509/

I was reading only yesterday that the number of fake SDcards out there is staggering. Amazon marketplace and Ebay are prime territory.

At the bottom of my first post here is a link to 3 programs to help detect fake or substandard cards:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/fake-sdcards.36509/

I was reading only yesterday that the number of fake SDcards out there is staggering. Amazon marketplace and Ebay are prime territory.

there's a massive market for fake cards as most get used in mobile phones and people most often don't find out they bought a fake until it's far too late to do anything about it, too often once they try and retrieve some important photos that are not actually there

Back