Not the cleverest of kids but why I have dashcams (bad language)

reverend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Too many
Not content with pulling out without looking what was coming he then does an emergency stop once he's in front of me because I had the cheek to blow the horn!

Worth reporting as driving like this he's going to cause an accident soon?

That's my tourettes!

Luckily you don't live in russia, there would have been 10 big guys in that car:p

Oh Rev, that was a good long laugh you just provided me; you sound like me when someone does that sort of thing!

Appeared to me that he had already started to pull out before you were visible to him, plus he was probably watching the other car at the time you did become visible. Doesn't excuse the emergency stop but I couldn't see the need for use of the horn either.

I'm probably misreading the video again though! :D

Good to see you were going nice and slow - only 47 kph in a 50mph zone!

In all fairness...

coming out of that junction 2 sheds at the back of the pub and a low wall block much of any ones view of traffic coming from Rev's direction .. should imagine its worse if you ve been in the pub for dinner !!!!

Maybe it's just me, but when I see the words"SLOW", on the road, I tend to slow down. They don't put it there just for the fun of it.

Luckily you don't live in russia, there would have been 10 big guys in that car:p
Ya maybe, I'm sure Rev would have .45 to back him up so no worries :p

If someone doesn't see me I use the horn to let them know I'm there and usually they'll stop - standard practice for city driving these days but seems to upset people in the sticks.

If someone doesn't see me I use the horn to let them know I'm there and usually they'll stop...
Well it appeared to work quite well!

It's not an easy junction to come out of but he should have looked and stopped regardless - definitely the sort of junction that needs traffic lights or something doing to it. That guy will be lucky to be around by Christmas driving like that anyway!
Well it appeared to work quite well!
It usually does but this guy didn't care :)

Last edited:
Shame you didnt show us what happened next.... !!!!

Appeared to me that he had already started to pull out before you were visible to him, plus he was probably watching the other car at the time you did become visible. Doesn't excuse the emergency stop but I couldn't see the need for use of the horn either.

Good to see you were going nice and slow - only 47 kph in a 50mph zone!
Just to make sure no-one thinks that right I've actually just been through the X2 footage and it shows me slowing down before the corner but also turns out he didn't start moving until a few frames after I came around the corner, but he's sat well forward in his seat so should have seen me but in this case was looking the wrong way or just didn't care. Multiple dashcams and Registrator Viewer are useful tools.

3.jpg
upload_2014-11-24_22-46-58.png

That does raise the old question of which GPS value do you believe as RV says 38.6mph and the video says 42.99mph. Either way is well below the limit of the road.

The stamp on the video updates once a second, whereas RV shows more data but I don't know if it's interpolated as it changes in as little as 5 frames and I don't know how often these cams write out GPS metadata - I'm guessing once per second but it's not plain text GPS so I can't actually tell.

Shame you didnt show us what happened next.... !!!!
I've got chuffing whiplash from how my neck feels :p

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-24_22-44-58.png
    upload_2014-11-24_22-44-58.png
    395.1 KB · Views: 3
His slow entry didn't show much care, nor his tough guy in the car act.

It's water under the bridge now but it was the second part of the video I really wanted to highlight as the reason for having dashcams.

If I'd not managed to stop and the video showed him looking backwards while mashing the brake pedal I really don't know how that would have ended - would have been messy for sure!

The police have a copy of the video now anyway so fingers crossed they can have a word to at least stop him doing this to someone else who doesn't react quite so quickly.

Yes, the GPS updates once per second in the video file and RV interpolates it for intermediate frames.

Did you include the sound on the video?

I reckon the police will point out the "Reduce Speed Now" sign warning you of people pulling out of a side road.

Thought this type of joining traffic was just a daily occurrence in our area on country lanes a long with a lot worse !!!

Its the brake checking and finger that s naughty !!

While ignoring the fact he pulled out without looking then did an emergency stop while looking backwards and giving me the finger?

I was already 10mph under the speed limit anyway - to be honest that should not be a 50mph in my view after seeing that but it is. That should be reduced to a 30mph or have traffic lights IMHO - you can already see the sign is bent from someone hitting it.

Thought this type of joining traffic was just a daily occurrence in our area on country lanes a long with a lot worse !!!

Its the brake checking and finger that s naughty !!
Yeah exactly - in that situation just putting your hand up to say sorry would have been the thing to do and all would have been forgotten about in seconds (I'd have still sworn though for the next ten minutes)

Even if they use the video to put forward a case to drop the speed limit there then it would work and at least something has been done.

Back