Not turning off?

Kegli

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Both my girlfriend (BMW x3) and me (Nissan Titan) have new A118's that I bought and installed for Christmas. I really love the camera thus far but both of our cars still charge from the cigarette outlet's when ignition is off, meaning the unit won't shut off without us manually turning it off.

Is there a way for the unit to shut on and off with the ignition switch, save for hardwiring it to the car? Is there an option for the unit to shut off if not detecting say motion/acceleration?

For the BMW you can buy an auxiliary power adaptor.
This will plug into the socket in the glove box and the other end is cigarette connection :)
The glove box connection is a switched source :)

Last edited:
Both my girlfriend (BMW x3) and me (Nissan Titan) have new A118's that I bought and installed for Christmas. I really love the camera thus far but both of our cars still charge from the cigarette outlet's when ignition is off, meaning the unit won't shut off without us manually turning it off.

Is there a way for the unit to shut on and off with the ignition switch, save for hardwiring it to the car? Is there an option for the unit to shut off if not detecting say motion/acceleration?
If you have a volt meter or a test bulb, go to your fuse panel. Leave the ignition off and test each fuse. If you find a fuse that is not setting off your meter or lighting your simple test bulb, then you have found a circuit to use.
On my Audi, I used the circuit that powers the side mirrors adjustment. If you have a way to identify the wire that goes to the driver side mirror, you can tap into it.
If not, they make a fuse holder that will replace your fuse and let you add a second fuse/circuit on top.
You should find one at your local auto store.
Or http://r.ebay.com/d5rYKK

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the replies, I LOVE this cam! When it warms up I'll consider doing another power source.

Back