Not very good adhesive

K-A

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian SG9663DCPRO
I hope I am not doing it wrong. I put one of the warning stickers included with the camera on the passenger side dashboard. After about a day or so it fell off. Then I put it on the radio, and it is falling off again. Both surfaces I cleaned about a week before and should not have been very dirty since. Does any one, or any representative, have advice on what to do?

Stickers usually don't stick to textured surfaces like dashboards. I'd stick it on the passenger side visor.

Normally only stick them to the window, don't think they will stick too well to plastic, if you need more just let us know

OK! I will see if I can find some glass where the passenger would see it and place it there.

You could also get some other dual sided tape that would work on the plastic.
My own side camera ( the old discontinued innovv C3 ) it have a pad about 1/2 Sq inch, but i have it mounted on the back side of my B pillar where it is pretty curved and so not much of the pad are actually engaged ( less then half i would imagine )
And it have to my great amazement been sitting there for over 2 years now, and it have been bumped a few times by people getting in and out of the back seat, meaning i have had to reallign the lens again ( remote camera style camera )
The 3M tapes can be somewhat of a minefield as there are so many for so many different purposes.

I put it on a dead zone of my rear mirror and it sticks well now. I appreciate the advize.

Back