martinevan

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hello folks, I wonder if any of you have the same experience as mine. I have been using U1000 for a few months but so far there is no video uploaded to the cloud. It doesn’t work for both “driving impact video” nor “strong impact video recorded while driving”.

I have internet connection in my car. And I have set my daskcam settings as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• D5EFE4C5-42F1-4800-AFBD-C22AD40F9160.png
    D5EFE4C5-42F1-4800-AFBD-C22AD40F9160.png
    831.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 33C08D10-0FB6-4117-BC5F-5DA7145C406B.png
    33C08D10-0FB6-4117-BC5F-5DA7145C406B.png
    952.5 KB · Views: 17
Is your dashcam set to energy saving mode? It may be that

The Video Uploading doesn't work off of the standard G-sensor settings so if you are driving and hit a bump and hear a 'Beep Beep' from the camera that wouldn't be uploaded. Same for the parking mode. For driving mode a minimum of a 3G force is required (Impact 1) or a 4G force (Impact 2 - which is what you are set at)

For Parking mode you half those numbers so Impact 1 = 1.5G force, Impact 2 = 2G force.

It is a bit difficult to test, i put my Camera on a Cigarette Lighter plug so i had more cable and then shook the camera whilst sat in the car. It all worked....

Just to check are you getting Parking Notifications come through to your phone for small bumps?

The Video Uploading doesn't work off of the standard G-sensor settings so if you are driving and hit a bump and hear a 'Beep Beep' from the camera that wouldn't be uploaded. Same for the parking mode. For driving mode a minimum of a 3G force is required (Impact 1) or a 4G force (Impact 2 - which is what you are set at)

For Parking mode you half those numbers so Impact 1 = 1.5G force, Impact 2 = 2G force.

It is a bit difficult to test, i put my Camera on a Cigarette Lighter plug so i had more cable and then shook the camera whilst sat in the car. It all worked....

Just to check are you getting Parking Notifications come through to your phone for small bumps?

Thanks for the details which are good reference especially the impact 1 and impact 2 thing which I couldn’t find any clue on the difference between these options.

I do receive parking notifications via the app on my phone when the camera detects some forces against the car and very often when a fast car is nearby and that probably exerts some force to push my car.

Once you connect the radar module and set to energy saving mode, you will lose the wifi network on parking mode and won't be able to receive any impact notifications or video uploads to your phone

Once you connect the radar module and set to energy saving mode, you will lose the wifi network on parking mode and won't be able to receive any impact notifications or video uploads to your phone

I see. Currently I am not using energy saving mode cos I haven’t installed the radar yet. But with what you advised, that means while the radar will help capture incidents with a longer period of time before the incident, it will not enable auto upload of the video to the Thinkware cloud cos the Wi-Fi network will not be connected.

I see. Currently I am not using energy saving mode cos I haven’t installed the radar yet. But with what you advised, that means while the radar will help capture incidents with a longer period of time before the incident, it will not enable auto upload of the video to the Thinkware cloud cos the Wi-Fi network will not be connected.
That is correct, would be nice if we had radar plus wifi at the same time, enabling us to receive notifications/upoads/liveview etc.

I have set to automatic upload as well but I have absolutely no idea where and if they're being uploaded and how to view them?

Back