Novatek 96655 IMX322 two types of dash cams on sale for 9.99$ on Amazon (both confirmed legit and now sold out) --- Qige RS500 & R9S ( front and rear)

It looks like left side is out of focus? Any suggestions on what to do?
Maybe the lens mount isn't sitting flat, you could take it off and sand the bottom on a flat surface (piece of glass) to remove anything that may be lifting one side off the pcb. Doesn't take much to change the angle of the lens and push one side out of focus.

Does the USA not like USA cars theses days? I thought with all Donald Trump's efforts, everyone would be driving USA cars and listening to USA music, but from your videos it seems to be going the other way with only Japanese, Korean and European cars and Irish music!

Interesting point... You may be correct since the lens is thin and may not be centered properly inside the plastic exterior part.

I do like GM hybrid/electric cars. I'd happily drive Volt or Bolt. Tesla is also an amazing car. I am limping around with a 2011 Nissan Leaf which is down to 7 bars. :ROFLMAO:

I do not support nationalist policies and I am saddened by both Trump and Brexit. You have to remember more people voted AGAINST Trump(not even mentioning people who stayed home and chose not to vote at all). Japanese cars are very popular here and so are cheap South Korean cars.

The song was somewhat random alternative song playing on the radio station though I do like it. One of the best alternative songs due to vocals/message/etc

I do not support nationalist policies and I am saddened by both Trump and Brexit. You have to remember more people voted AGAINST Trump(not even mentioning people who stayed home and chose not to vote at all). Japanese cars are very popular here and so are cheap South Korean cars.
Brexit is not about nationalism, more the opposite and getting away from the nationalism of the EU so that we can trade fairly with our friends from around the world, and it was one person one vote where the majority won. Just because Trump supports Brexit doesn't mean that we support Trump!

What does "I am limping around with a 2011 Nissan Leaf which is down to 7 bars. :ROFLMAO:" mean?

I realize UK wanted more freedom in its immigration policies but I think Brexit was the wrong way of going about it and now majority of UK no longer supports it. I believe UK citizens were duped not only by local politicians but also by Russian influence campaigns the way US citizens were about Trump.

Brand new Leaf sold with 12 bars (1st bar is 15% of capacity then each next bar is ~7.5%). The initial range was approximately 73 miles real world. Because Leafs did not have liquid cooling and were air cooled (they are saying 2019 will finally break this trend) they lost a ton of their their battery capacity, with the first generation like mine losing range drastically(5% a year). If the car went to 8 bars in first five years, you'd get a replacement battery. I have 8 year 100k total failure remaining until this year. But the bottom line is I am down to 59% range of a brand new 2011 Leaf so actual real world driving range is about 30-35 miles. :( I would never recommend a Leaf after my experience. Teslas lose 2% total over like 10 years. GMs lose barely anything also with some of the best technology. Leafs not so much. It still fits within my daily driving so I will continue to use it but it limits me significantly.

I realize UK wanted more freedom in its immigration policies but I think Brexit was the wrong way of going about it and now majority of UK no longer supports it. I believe UK citizens were duped not only by local politicians but also by Russian influence campaigns the way US citizens were about Trump.

Brand new Leaf sold with 12 bars (1st bar is 15% of capacity then each next bar is ~7.5%). The initial range was approximately 73 miles real world. Because Leafs did not have liquid cooling and were air cooled (they are saying 2019 will finally break this trend) they lost a ton of their their battery capacity, with the first generation like mine losing range drastically(5% a year). If the car went to 8 bars in first five years, you'd get a replacement battery. I have 8 year 100k total failure remaining until this year. But the bottom line is I am down to 59% range of a brand new 2011 Leaf so actual real world driving range is about 30-35 miles. :( I would never recommend a Leaf after my experience. Teslas lose 2% total over like 10 years. GMs lose barely anything also with some of the best technology. Leafs not so much. It still fits within my daily driving so I will continue to use it but it limits me significantly.
For most people, brexit was almost nothing to do with immigration, and for the remainder it was only about immigration from EU countries which it had become clear that our elected government had no control over since control was in the hands of the EU government which the UK people don't get to elect. I believe the majority of the UK still support brexit, obviously there are some very vocal people who don't. A recent newspaper poll suggested that 6% of people who voted against brexit have changed their mind and would now vote for it! Going the other way it was 8%, so realistically there has been little change. As for Russian influence, well I think your President Obama probably had more influence, pushing people in the opposite direction to what he intended!

I guess you will need to refill the fuel tank of your Leaf soon then, at least Nissan provides remanufactured batteries at reasonable cost. With any electric car you have to budget for battery cost just like you have to budget for fuel for an internal combustion engine, you don't have to refill it so often but the battery capacity always gets used up over time and miles and the value of the car reduces with it and then goes back up when you fit a new battery.

Yes and no. Batteries do degrade but my point is that Leaf degraded beyond what anyone projected or what should be tolerated. I am at 58%. A Tesla or even Chevy Volt would be at near no less than 95%. That's a huge difference. I am very frustrated I didn't spend a few extra grand and buy a Chevy Volt.

Yes and no. Batteries do degrade but my point is that Leaf degraded beyond what anyone projected or what should be tolerated. I am at 58%. A Tesla or even Chevy Volt would be at near no less than 95%. That's a huge difference. I am very frustrated I didn't spend a few extra grand and buy a Chevy Volt.
You may have used more % than a Tesla would have, but the leaf has a much smaller battery, if you measure the loss in $, or maybe Ah, how does it compare?

You have to expect a small fuel tank to run out sooner than a big one!

You may have used more % than a Tesla would have, but the leaf has a much smaller battery, if you measure the loss in $, or maybe Ah, how does it compare?

You have to expect a small fuel tank to run out sooner than a big one!

Your analogies are off the mark...

Whether the battery is small or large is irrelevant, the issue here is the 'rate of degradation'. Nissan Leaf is supposed to be at 70% after 10 years per their own prediction models.

A Chevy Volt has a comparable or smaller battery to Nissan Leaf and yet it has not degraded nowhere as much as Nissan Leaf.

The GM engineered their batteries much better. Sure comparing a luxury vehicle like Tesla to Nissan Leaf is unfair however Volt to Leaf is pretty fair, especially since their prices were almost identical.

Leaf even acknowledged their mistake and began replacing some batteries with 'lizard' batteries which withstood heat better. The lack of liquid cooled battery system is the reason for this mess. Nissan Leaf cut corners and that's why they got the mess they did. For that reason i will never buy another Leaf.

Last edited:
As I posted previously I got this dashcam just because it was cheap! I managed to peel off the screen protector before take it apart.

The charger has 3.5m of cable and it's made of some nice and soft PVC not bad here.

There are no markings about plastic types but after the burn test it should be ABS+PC or ABS with something mixed, it smells a bit like ABS but not exactly and was harder to cut a chip.
The plastic molds involved seems recent without much use, only the front part had some extractor adjustment possibly to hold the part.
The buttons rattle a lot they are probably the same material as the case, rubber would have been better or a softer PP plastic
Soldering/reflow looks good too.
Some IO connector here

It even came with thermal solution!

The wifi is a RTL8189ES drop in module that's fine and the Novatek NT96655 and Nanya NT5CB64M16FP-DH chips

On the other side Macronix MX25L3206EM2I-12G and those 3 ic's are the same inside the Anytek A3

There was no free text inside but had to test it anyway.

That's my 2 or 3 year old Anytek A3 for comparison purposes as it's about the same specs (waiting for repair usb connector)

Now the software translations, English French German Spanish seem good to me, Italian has menu entry starting lower case
and now Portuguese and because I'm portuguese I have complaint about the Novatek software translation, if we have to pay the whole device we aren't expecting 25% translation back!
Once the A3 is back together I'll compare the software because I believe they have the exact same errors.

Overall the quality is about the same as other 40/45USD dashcams.

I made a small modification, if any manufacturer present can tell how to overclock that processor would be kind!
we need that extra 1 or 2 FPS:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
and now Portuguese and because I'm portuguese I have complaint about the Novatek software translation, if we have to pay the whole device we aren't expecting 25% translation back!
Once the A3 is back together I'll compare the software because I believe they have the exact same errors.
I'd bet on it being the Novatek defaults, I'm sure the Portuguese translations in our cameras are wrong also as we only have the default translations, other languages we've fixed already but we don't have any distributor in Portugal so no chance to improve that yet

That was exactly what I thought you should have some sort of pre-made software that you can then tweak and adapt to your needs!
For distribution purposes I probably can't help much neither in Portugal or Switzerland but for translation that can be done!

As a truck driver this days I need to take formation days from time to time and I asked that once on the curse.
Cameras are allowed but there is no specific law to regulate the use of cameras, so standard laws AND common sense applies - not allowed to film police and not allowed to make public or share those videos. Anything else should be allowed until it's forbiden.
Cameras are being used more and more here.

I received R9S today the other 9.99$ dashcam. This one came with both front and rear cameras. This seems like even a better deal than the other one. ..

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_225519385.jpg
    IMG_20180827_225519385.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180827_225427061.jpg
    IMG_20180827_225427061.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180827_225415798.jpg
    IMG_20180827_225415798.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20180827_230559156.jpg
    IMG_20180827_230559156.jpg