Novatek firmware tools (updated: 2018-08-06)

Do you think is possible to modify the default values to another ones?

enjoy,
Mtz

Do you think is possible to modify the default values to another ones?

enjoy,
Mtz
Hey Mtz, sorry for late reply. I'm rather busy at the moment (again...) :(

Which default values do you mean?

If for example the default resolution is 1080p and I want 720p.
Or G-Sensor is Medium and I want it Low.
This is needed when camera is resetting to its default values.

Another interesting feature is if is possible to print by default some word to the video image.

enjoy,
Mtz

I see, there is no easy way to change them, yet. Might look into this if I have some more spare time again. I think @AS21 is trying to achieve the same.

bfc updated to v3.3. It now supports unpacking from multipartition binaries by providing the offset of the partition (BCL1 magic)

In case you missed the v3 update since I forgot to post it here: v3 was a major rewrite of bfc including full support of PartComp binaries.

Sorry for the formatting of the first post. Need to find an efficient way to post application information/changelogs/etc to multiple forums/websites without having to format it every single time

ntkcalc updated to v0.7:
It is now able to calculate checksums for the second partition some dashcams use (mostly wifi enabled ones).
The commands did not change, it will auto detect if the binary is an eCos one.
Download link in first post

To quote a song.

I dont know what it is - what it is - what it is, but i like it - like it, yes i do.

hi, sorry I am resurrecting this thread. is there a way to extract the firmware from the dashcam? it uses the Novatek 96670

You can read here more, but no results until now.

Back