Novatek vs Ambarella

Puppie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Before I came here, I tried to google this.. and did not get anything.

What's the different? Or is it more or less like an Intel / AMD thing?

If it is then Ambarella is Intel.

Before I came here, I tried to google this.. and did not get anything.

What's the different? Or is it more or less like an Intel / AMD thing?
Yes, very much so!

Or is it more or less like an Intel / AMD thing?
It is a bit more than that since they provide the operating system as well as the chips, but not the applications. Also Intel and AMD do the full chip design instead of using processor cores developed by others such as ARM.

Probably the sensor has more effect on the end result than the difference between those two, they both produce good processors compared to the rest of the competition.

If it is then Ambarella is Intel.
They seem to be using ARM cores for their latest processors, adding to ARM's tally of about 15 billion proccessors / year :)

Yeah really kicking myself for not buying into ARM back in the day, but to be honest i dident expect them to last.

Here is some kind of comparison chart.
It's not so clear that ambarella is better than novatek, more like you can't compare amd and intel exactly side by side.
But maybe this makes us understand that next novatek is coming and when it does it will be something good.

Attachments

• kamerat.jpg
    kamerat.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 126
I think there is allso some newer novatek chips missing from that chart, 96660 and 96665

Ambarella allso appear to be hot heads / arrogant, thats a turn off for me, i like down to earth companies and ppl.

Here is some kind of comparison chart.
It's not so clear that ambarella is better than novatek, more like you can't compare amd and intel exactly side by side.
But maybe this makes us understand that next novatek is coming and when it does it will be something good.

the comparison chart was done by Ambarella and excludes all recent models from Novatek but includes their own, go figure :rolleyes:

Ambarella and Novatek both have their advantages and disadvantages when compared, there is no correct answer as to which is best, which is best at what exactly?

I was thinking along the ATI vs Nvidia when comparing Nova vs Am.

Back