NSFW - My best compilation thus far! (ft. my worst mistake yet)

• Thread starter Deleted member 44607
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44607

Hello everyone,

I'm back as usual, every month with the latest of my driving adventures, I hope you like it! :)

For those who have watched my earlier compilations you may notice something... I'm a lot calmer than I used to be, I only got full on frothing at the mouth mad once this month and it was because a woman swings her door open into live traffic, jumps a mile when I beep at her (so clearly didn't look/wasn't looking and had no clue I was there) and then proceeds to shout at me and shake her head while saying (what I can gather from lip reading the clip anyway) "what's your problem, why didn't you go around me?" o_O Oh I dunno, there was TRAFFIC COMING THE OTHER WAY WHICH YOU'D HAVE SEEN IF YOU USED YOUR EYES AND BRAIN!? I used to be quite the avid cyclist and the amount of times I was nearly killed by people doing this, it still holds a special place in my heart for what I think is the #1 most dangerously stupid thing you can possibly do on the road.

I've also started having people send me some clips in which is rather exciting, I'll accept clips from anywhere of pretty much anything if anyone wishes to send any across! (y)

I mentioned this before but I'll mention it again, if you were subscribed to me I've been forced by YouTube to switch channels. Long story but at least the dashcam videos now have their own place to call home :ROFLMAO:

NSFW because I clearly need to expand my vocabulary :sneaky:

Only thing I disagree with there is the way you helped the biker overtaking on the wrong side of the road (10 minute mark.) It's one thing crossing the centre line to get past a stationary obstacle, but going on the wrong side of the road when there's oncoming traffic JUST because you want to jump a queue is BS.

Note how you had to go into the cycle lane to accommodate him. How many cyclists get knocked off each year in these circumstances? I reckon I would have taken out a few just on my own if was in the habit of doing what you did. (A lot of bikers of both kinds where I am, so it's a serious risk.)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Sound like we have the same relationship with google maps :giggle:
A navigation app from one of the big players are just about the only app i ever contemplated on getting, but i haven't as i am not buying anything with my phone and you pretty much cant get APPs any other way.

Only thing I disagree with there is the way you helped the biker overtaking on the wrong side of the road (10 minute mark.) It's one thing crossing the centre line to get past a stationary obstacle, but going on the wrong side of the road when there's oncoming traffic JUST because you want to jump a queue is BS.

Note how you had to go into the cycle lane to accommodate him. How many cyclists get knocked off each year in these circumstances? I reckon I would have taken out a few just on my own if was in the habit of doing what you did. (A lot of bikers of both kinds where I am, so it's a serious risk.)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well that's where checking mirrors comes in handy! ;) As soon as I saw the car ahead veering to the left, I had those few crucial seconds to identify the threat and check that it was safe to move over. I'd say he's more riding the line rather than actually on the wrong side of the road, and whether or not I would have moved over if the car in front didn't is tough to say but I certainly wasn't going to take the risk of him clipping my mirror on his way past. I find that even if people are doing stupid things, the best thing to do is just let them do it as safely as you can.

I also don't see that many cyclists traveling in excess of 30-35mph either :unsure: (although don't get me wrong, some of them do fly!) So being undertaken by one between the moment of checking my mirror and moving over was hardly a concern. If I couldn't move over due to a congested bike lane I would have just gone back to a core part of my driving lessons: "less space = less speed".

Heh, you know of all the clips this month, if I had to guess which one people would find fault with, I'd guess every other clip in the video twice before thinking of that one. It's always insightful for me to post these videos and digest the feedback so thank you for watching and replying (y)

A navigation app from one of the big players are just about the only app i ever contemplated on getting, but i haven't as i am not buying anything with my phone and you pretty much cant get APPs any other way.

I actually do have a sat nav as well, but it's that out dated that if I go on any road that was updated within the last decade it just thinks I'm cascading through fields :cautious: We still have a long way to go in terms of navigation technology, that's for sure! :LOL:

google maps is free. at least in the states it is. it only needs an internet connection at the beginning of your trip and can cache offline maps for use in areas with no coverage, or if you just don't want to use (or don't have, in the case of a wifi tablet or something) mobile data.

Yeah same here, besides i dont have to work with it so its fine mostly, my worst grips is if you dont OFF it then it want to take you on huge detours to get on a motorway.
And if you OFF motorways, then it absolutely will not guide you to one, and so if parts of your drive is on such a road you better be able to find the motorway on your own, but once there it have no problem rerouting and use the motorway you are on.

But in general i just use it for last mile or so navigation to a unknown location in a town i had no problem finding on my own.

If you'd rather not put in your payment details into your phone, the alternative is to log into the Appstore or Play Store via your computer, pay for the app there and your phone will then download it.

That said, a lot of apps these days are Freemium, so you have to install a crippled "trial version" of the app (for free) and then pay (from inside the app) to unlock the full feature set.

At 2:30, what was the deal with that fire truck painted like a clown car or something? Looked very un-firetruck-like.

Very good question, one I knew would be asked eventually ;)

Basically in the UK each year a city is given the title "City of Culture" which pumps a bunch of money into the city and supposed to improve the area, etc. Hull was given this title in 2017 so they had graphic designers create designs for most of the emergency vehicles, and this was one of them. I haven't seen any ambulances with the city of culture design but I've seen plenty of police and fire trucks redecorated. I'm not sure if other cities have done this or not, so it's certainly a rare sight.

Back