Numerous problems with SGGCX2PRO (SOLVED: the camera had no issues, I just hadn't installed it properly.)

My longest drive was 1400 Km in one go, only paused by a 3-4 hour ferry ride from Sweden to Denmark.
Drove from almost the most northern part of Sweden ( been salmon fishing ) and home to Aarhus my home town in Denmark.

I need a long long time in the US, as i would have to see all i can, and time to get under the skin of my American internet friends.

But i aint going nowhere without a lottery win, my pension only allow for existing ( to a Danish level which are not that low ) and then a little fun if i save my pennies hard.

My longest drive was 1400 Km in one go, only paused by a 3-4 hour ferry ride from Sweden to Denmark.
Drove from almost the most northern part of Sweden ( been salmon fishing ) and home to Aarhus my home town in Denmark.

I need a long long time in the US, as i would have to see all i can, and time to get under the skin of my American internet friends.

But i aint going nowhere without a lottery win, my pension only allow for existing ( to a Danish level which are not that low ) and then a little fun if i save my pennies hard.
This sounds awesome! The Nordic area is one I've always wanted to drive around. South-west of the US, central area of Australia, and Nordic lands have always been my 3 top destinations, and I really envy you for being able to explore one of them conveniently.

My trip is on its 8th day now (out of approximately 24), and like you said, much-much more time is needed. I have to drive past a lot of places I would really like to explore, as otherwise I would never leave my home state! 2 days in Florida was too little, and I barely glanced at anything before moving on.

In New Orleans right now, bound for the far west. Will reach Houston tonight probably, and by Thursday hoping to be in Arizona. The dashcam has performed flawlessly so far, and the video quality is very good, despite my windshield being quite messy due to a small accident in one of the swamps. It is a bit inconvenient to have to copy all the videos to an external hard drive every few days, but, I imagine, with an action camera it would need to be done every 1-2 days instead.

I also cannot afford too much, sadly. On my PhD salary, and being deep in debt due to the car purchase, I have to sleep in my car on the road, budget everything, down to eating cheap dried food in bulk and using the GasBuddy app to find the cheapest gas in the area. It is a fun challenge in a way, to try to spend as little as possible while experiencing as much as possible. It's been much better here on the south, where the temperatures are typically in high 10-s - low 20-s, and sleeping in the car is not an issue (although mosquitoes in Florida were quite a nuisance). Near the Grand Canyon it is supposed to be far below the freezing point these days... Will see how it goes!

Thanks for the update! My thoughts are that you can always see local stuff later so focus on the distant places first.

On the back-highways some small towns will have a place where car-camping is allowed, sometimes even with extra LE patrols there through the night for the traveler's safety. Independent convenience stores are a good place to find that kind of info which has helped me in my own travels- just ask for the cheapest place to camp nearby. They can also point you to cheap but good places to eat. You don't often find those kinds of things along interstate highways which is another reason I like the old two-lane highways better.

However you go, wishing you safe travels and many pleasant discoveries along the way!
Phil

The foremost idea of my long drive last year was to spend a little time with my niece, in my family we always leave plenty of room for each other, but i am becoming a big old softie and now enjoy spending time with my family.
And when you have not started a family of your own like i haven't been able to do, then the family you do have suddenly become a bit more important,,,, at least when the vail of selfishness and drug use lift.

unclip the CPL filter and remove the blue plastic from the lens
Oh my goodness . . . I was coming back to this forum after months of wondering why the videos for both of our dashcams remained bluish since their installation earlier this year, with halos in brighter light, etc. I was all set to post representative screenshots.

Yes, I had missed removing the plastic protective cover for the inside of each unit's CPL filter lens!

Folks, I'm colourblind and thought that I had dutifully removed the only protective covering: it would have been quite helpful if we had those contrasting red tabs at the time :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 8
Advocado SGGCX2PRO & SGGCX2PRO+ 34
Back