OBD adaptor

darling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the Blackue Power Magic EZ that can be used with a Thinkware F800?

Not that i'm aware of, i'm personally not a fan of that type of power supply. Cars are getting more complex and more seem to be shutting down circuits after 'X' amount of time of being locked. For example we have come across new Mercedes that after 1 hour 22 mins the Power supply to the OBD socket shuts down so you would lose parking mode.

Thinkware does not have an OBD power cable and, currently, have no interest in making one.

Hello There, At this current time we do not offer the option of the OBD Cable to replace the Hardwiring Cables. We are unsure if this will be implemented in the future. A Thinkware compatible OBD-II cable is coming soon.

Last edited:
Hello There, At this current time we do not offer the option of the OBD Cable to replace the Hardwiring Cables. We are unsure if this will be implemented in the future.

@darling *UPDATE* There will be an OBD-II power cable for Thinkware Dash Cams coming soon. It will allow the use of parking mode and will have an additional OBD-II pass-through port. It should be on our website within the next few months.

We are expecting the U1000 units in 2-3 weeks in the UK. I believe the Radar sensor will be available around the same time. I've been using one for a couple of weeks now, it seems to work very well (y)
Big thanks for your reply! Glad to hear the cam is close to it's release. :) No need for the radar sensor though, as they are forbidden here.
But i was talking about the Thinkwire OBD-Connector. I'm not fancy about hardwireing something into a 6month old car.

Ah, we have been asking about the OBD connector but they seem to be in very short supply!

the OBD connector will shut down the camrea when your cars ecu shuts down .
so i think it might be a waste of money even though the idea sounds good.

it's a parking mode cable, camera will run according to whatever menu settings you have selected

There may be the very occasional instance of this but so far in our 4+ years of dealing with Thinkware we have only come across 1 Mercedes that after 1hr 22min shut down the main power to the OBD Plug. A vast majority of vehicles keep the Power to the OBD connector 24/7.

Back