occasional beep?

canadave

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just got my new A119S installed (via hardwire kit), and weirdly I hear an occasional beep/chirp that seems to be coming from the camera. I've gone through all the settings and disabled anything that could possibly beep (i.e. I disabled lane warning, front collision warning, G-sensor, set the beep sound itself to "Off", etc etc). I went through every setting one by one for anything that could possibly make a noise, believe me. I'm on FW version 2.6. The beep seems to be happening randomly, no periodicity or common element...just every few minutes, a random beep. Is anyone else experiencing this or have a fix?

You have time-lapse on, camera beeps as per the loop recording minute(s) setting.

You have time-lapse on, camera beeps as per the loop recording minute(s) setting.
That would make sense, but I don't have that on; it's set to Off.

Format the Micro-SD from within the menu and see if it happens again. Which card?

Hmm good idea, thanks, I'll try that. The card is a Samsung EVO 64GB card (I forget the exact model).

EVO, EVO+ are fine, I've used both at length with the A119S.

I formatted the card and so far no beeps. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. It's still doing an occasional beep, although less frequently now.

Last edited:
Last fall I would get an occasional beep. Same thing, no particular pattern to it. It started to get more frequent; I checked my video files, and sometimes when the beep had occurred, the cam started a new video file early, and there was ~8s of missing footage.

Turns out I had two problems: a weak power supply (I was using the power adapter from a 2014 dashcam) and a weak memory card (same memory card from the 2014 cam, it had too many write cycles, and may have been having issues with the weak power and higher data rate on the A119s).

Thanks. I just found that mine is still occasionally beeping, it's not fixed like I thought it was. Less frequent, but still getting the odd beep.

I'm wondering if this is something the firmware might need to be updated by Viofo to fix.

Try a different card.

Is the current one new or was it pulled out from another gadget/device, also which card?

As I mentioned previously it's the Samsung EVO 64GB. It was pulled out of my previous dashcam (Spytec A119) which went away along with the car I sold. I don't have a different microSD card to try...I suppose I can see if I can find one cheap for sale. Any recommended ones?

Yeah sorry, read only the latest reply.

EVO, EVO Plus are fine, as per reports here Sandisk A1 are fine too. Buy from a reputed store. If buying online, beware of fakes.

As I mentioned previously it's the Samsung EVO 64GB. It was pulled out of my previous dashcam (Spytec A119) which went away along with the car I sold. I don't have a different microSD card to try...I suppose I can see if I can find one cheap for sale. Any recommended ones?
Sounds like you've had your micro sd card for awhile.
As an interim measure, try cleaning the micro sd card contacts with a white vinyl eraser.

Last edited:
Back